BackgroundThe next game from the people who make Gran Turismo won't be a Gran Turismo game. Polyphony Digital has announced its oft-rumored motorcycle simulator. Titled Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator, this PS2 title promises to do to two wheels what Gran Turismo did to four.
Polyphony seems to be going all out with this one, with a collection of bikes from big bike makers like Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda. The developer is even including real life suits and helmets. Polyphony is concentrating on making these bikes control like the real thing. Of course, with motorcycles, cornering is an important part of the race, and, sure enough, changing your riding form during cornering plays a major role in the game.
- Critically-acclaimed development team: from the developers of Gran Turismo, the best-selling worldwide racing videogame franchise with more than 44 million units sold.
- Real-life simulation: perfected game physics, graphics and the balance of the rider versus the bike are accurately captured to offer the most authentic motorcycle racing simulation available.
- Motorcycles: Tourist Trophy features more than 100 licensed motorcycles from more than a dozen worldwide manufacturers that include BMW, Honda, Ducati, Buell, Kawasaki, Triumph and more.
- Courses: Tourist Trophy features more than 35 international courses that include closed-circuit and city tracks. Introduction of new tracks and the return of popular tracks from the Gran Turismo franchise include Tsukuba, Laguna Seca, New York City, Suzuka and more.
- Game Modes: Tourist Trophy offers two modes of play, Arcade Mode and Challenge Mode. In both modes, players have the opportunity to select their bike, track and difficulty level.
- Arcade Mode: players have access to a quick race for single-player or two-player battle. In two-player battle, players have the option to race in split-screen.
- Challenge Mode: it serves as a career mode for players to earn their way up the ladder by participating in the license school missions, various race events and more in an effort to upgrade and unlock new bikes and related accessories. The license school will include various tests that will strive to better the player's driving skills in driving a motorcycle in various conditions and at various speeds, taking into account the rider and their riding style. Upon obtaining a license, players will have access to various race events based on engine class (250cc to 1500cc), course selection and more. In between race events, players have the opportunity to participate in a Time Trial on various courses to improve lap times and access their garage.
- Photo Mode: To further improve their racing skills, in Challenge Mode, players have access to Photo Mode, which allows them to take snapshots of their favorite bike and race gear by freezing frames of an actual race from a replay. Upon taking a photograph, players have the opportunity to save it to a Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2) or a USB storage device and share it with friends. After doing so, players can have the opportunity to print photographs directly from their PlayStation 2 USB port by using a printer that includes a PlayStation driver, such as Epson's PictureMate.
- Licensed Accessories: With the incorporation of the motorcycle driver, players have access to a wardrobe where they can customize their rider by selecting from numerous licensed helmets, suits, shoes and more to further authenticate the riding experience
- Rider Editor: Players have the opportunity to customize their riding form through a variety of parameters, whether it is preference to riding "out" verse "in" and so forth.
- Customization: Players have the opportunity to earn credits and upgrade their motorcycles to enhance performance of their bike.
- In-Game Soundtrack: Tourist Trophy will offer a selection of original and licensed tracks.
Official URLOfficial Site
overthetop2 and 15 others own Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator
polis98 and 1 others played Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator