BackgroundSyphon filter:The Omega Strain is looking set to revolutionize several genre in one go and it appears that it may just be one of the biggest games when it gets released later this year or early next. Sporting both a single player option and an online component where you can play with up to three friends,The Omega Strain will be the ultimate in third person, espionage gaming. With the online component you'll work together to complete missions through group actions or divide and conquer actions.
GameplaySelected as one of the chosen few to be a trained operative within Gabe Logan's new Agency, gamers will enter a world of intrigue and global espionage, battling lethal enemies through 17 thrilling missions that span the globe from Yemen to Toronto. With a deadly arsenal of all-new high tech weaponry and gadgets, players can take on commandos solo-style or go online and join up with three other agents for action-packed, strategic, team-based gameplay. While all 17 missions are available in single-player and online, online gameplay offers gamers the opportunity to access more of the worlds through working hand-in-hand with other skilled recruits. Gamers will need all the help they can get as the world's population once again hangs in the balance. Join Gabe Logan's new Agency and help him fight the latest threats to world peace as he attempts to rid the world of the Syphon Filter virus forever!
- Become a skilled agent in Gabe Logan's reformed Agency and help him fight the evolving threats to world peace.
- Customize your agent's look, uniform and equipment with enhanced character customization features.
- Explore and battle through 17 massive, intense, international non-linear worlds with multiple ways to complete each of the deadly missions.
- Levels are up to three times larger than previous installments in the franchise.
- Battle terrorists and enemies with 4-player cooperative, peer-to-peer online play in all 17 single-player missions with the ability to access more of the levels in a time-based setting.
- Utilize a Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain – compatible headset for PlayStation 2 (Sold Separately) to communicate with fellow agents online.
- Using Voice Chat, the player can verbally strategize with his/her teammates to or use the D-pad to communicate with teammates.
- Defeat all-new terrorists and enemies, including the most deadly commandos in the world.
- Take on terrorists with more than 100 unique, deadly weapons and gadgets with the ability to shoot dual pistols.
- Arsenal will improve as you progress through the levels.
- Combat the enemy with deadly artillery or fight hand-to-hand with a knife.
- Players can only carry four weapons at a time, so strategic play is at a premium.
- Keep enemies in target while kneeling, crouching, walking, rolling, climbing, jumping, walking, strafing, throwing and running with the new ability to target lock on individual body parts.
- Multiple targeting modes provide shooting options for enemies with regular clothing, flak jackets or full body armor.
- Access vanity items such as improved weapons, gadgets, equipment and uniforms. The highly sophisticated enemy AI reacts to other agents' actions to hunt, explore, shoot and kill.
Official URLOfficial Site
Yep, Gabe ain't here any but now he is the Commander and you now creat your own...
note: i will say syf to say Syphon Filter for short
I love the Syphon Filter games and...
I was really looking forward to this game.
I had played the previous 3 SF titles, and...
Syphon Filter omega strain takes you to michigan where you will work as an agent under...
- Genre: Tactical Strategy (PS2)
- Theme(s): Espionage/Secret Ops
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: SCEA
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America May 4, 2004