BackgroundParticipate in memorable Star Wars battles set in over 15 environments across 10 diverse planets including Hoth, Geonosis, Yavin, Tatooine and Naboo. Players will be able to select one of over 20 different soldier types from four factions: Rebel Alliance, Imperial Army, Clone Army and Droid Army.
Console gamers will be able to battle against 16 players over the Internet or 32 players connected via LAN. PC gamers will be able to battle against 32 players over the Internet or 64 via a LAN.
In addition to the single-player and various multiplayer modes offered in Star Wars Battlefront, a "Conquest" mode adds an innovative and strategic gameplay element to the action.
GameplayStar Wars Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI, fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.First and third-person gameplay – depending on player preference
- Three single player modes including "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode.
- Multiplayer for up to 16 players (plus AI units) online.
- Split-screen mode for multiplayer 'offline' play.
- Battle in more than 12 environments across 10 diverse planets from the classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Kamino and Geonosis.
- 20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Soldier types include standard infantry, scouts, heavy weapons and pilots - each will have their own unique abilities.
- More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts.
- More than 25 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST, X-Wing, and speeder bike, as well as the massive Republic Gunship that can hold up to five different soldiers.
- Customizable controls on all systems.
- Supports voice chat via compatible headsets (PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC).
- Requires PlayStation 2 network adapter, Xbox Live kit and Internet PC for online multiplayer games
Official URLOfficial Site
ignitusfire12 and 145 others own Star Wars: Battlefront
Konstruct and 37 others played Star Wars: Battlefront
- Genre: Shooter (PS2)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: LucasArts
- Publisher: LucasArts
Released North America Sep 24, 2004 Europe Sep 24, 2004 Australia Sep 16, 2004
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (32)
- Online Multi-player (32)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars: Battlefront II