BackgroundShadow of Rome transports players to one of the most perilous ages of man, an era when Caesar was hailed as the leader of the Roman Empire and whose sovereignty dominated all of western civilization. Murder, false accusations and blood spilled in gladiatorial battles await those who seek an all encompassing epic when Shadow of Rome is released.
GameplayShadow of Rome has been designed to allow players the opportunity to venture throughout the world of ancient Rome by flawlessly switching between Agrippa and Octavius, each of whom have their own area of expertise. Playing Agrippa lends itself more to action while Octavius is towards the more stealth and adventure elements of the game. To remain true to the Roman era, players will have to use objects in the environment and weapons of the day such as stones, slingshots, spears and swords in order to progress through the game. Also, situations will arise when Agrippa or Octavius will rely on nothing but their hands in order to combat those impeding his quest to absolve Uesnius.
The venerable city will be reconstructed in full 3D with startling realism, compelling players to explore ancient Rome. Diverse environments including a bustling market place, vast forests, sea vessels, citadels and the Coliseum will be the stage for the various battles and interrogations, all the while searching for the truth. In addition, a colorful cast of characters that appear throughout the game, including actual historical figures, deepens the level of realism and make this saga more immersive.
- Character switching – Shadow of Rome blends action and adventure with the use of two different main characters, Agrippa and Octavius. One character lends itself more to action and the other is crucial for the adventure elements of the game. Switch between the 'brains' and 'brawn' to uncover the truth behind the real murderer of Caesar.
- Full 3-D polygonal environments - Ancient Rome is stunningly recreated immersing the player by bringing a sense of realism to the game.
- Scenarios change based on the player's gaming style - The game will match the player's style. If they excel during the action portions of the game, more action elements will be incorporated into future scenarios. The same rule applies to excelling during adventure situations. This allows those who are good at a particular genre to succeed.
- Gameplay variety – Shadow of Rome thrusts players into numerous sub-challenges where they participate in gladiatorial events such as chariot racing, tournament battles and duals to the death.
- Dolby Sound Pro Logic II – Shadow of Rome will include a sound system similar to those found in today's motion pictures. This creates an experience of truly being part of the action by utilizing a wide array of sound effects that reconstruct the hustle and bustle of ancient Rome or the roar of a crowd at the Coliseum.
- Historical figures of ancient Rome round off the colorful cast of Shadow of Rome.
Official URLOfficial Site
Adorn yourself in your favorite armor, sharpen your weapon, and enter the arena to do...
This game was excelent the fighting and slaying was realistic and thrilling. it was...
Hey, Just like to brief you Roman Empire fanatics about Shadow of Rome. The game play...