BackgroundFrom KOEI, the company that brought to you the widely successful Dynasty Warriors series, has brought a new game with many similarities to the Dynasty Warriors series: Samurai Warriors. Sengoku Musou (Samurai Warriors) takes place in the medevil 16th century of Japan, where you control one of many historical figures in that era, from the most noble of warlords to the most cunning of ninja, and play out many historical battles taken from Japanese history and put into the popular intensive battle system as seen in Dynasty Warriors.
GameplayWhen the political power of the Ashikaga Shogunate collapsed in the succession dispute of 1467, the islands of Japan erupted in a series of major wars. This era in Japanese history became known as the Sengoku or "warring states" period. SAMURAI WARRIORS explores this dramatic era and combines it with the Tactical Action excitement KOEI has become known for.
Players can choose the role of Sanada Yukimura or other legendary samurai and ninja. The game will herald the rise of the indispensable ninja, Hattori Hanzo, from the shadows of history, as well as the reemergence of KOEI's powerful and mysterious Oda Nobunaga.
SAMURAI WARRIORS boasts several new developments. Among them, the new AMS (active mission system) triggers a distinct mission during each battle. To accept or decline the mission is up to the player. Missions evolve depending on player performance and the tide of battle. Success or failure can affect scenarios in later stages. With 500 variations, the chain of missionsis unique with each play, adding depth while heightening the urgency and excitement of combat. Samurai Warriors' AFS (auto-formation system) randomly generates castle levels and conquest routes offering a new experience with each play.
- New Auto Formation System changes castle level maps each time you play!
- Create and train a character in New Officer Mode!
- New Active Mission System triggers a multitude of new objectives during each stage. Over 500 mission variations!
- Over 90 stages!
- Game environments are rendered in deeply saturated chromatic tones while seasonal and time elements enhance the lush visuals.
- Use katana (sword), shuriken (throwing stars), kuzarigama (sickle and chain), kunai (daggers), and other lethal weapons
- Unique character specific behaviors emphasize the personality of each character.
- Circular blades, false staircases, and other traps lay hidden within castle environments.
- From the menacing sound of an impending attack to the gentle sounds of nature, the game's use of Dolby Pro Logic II sound and Dolby Digital 5.1-channel sound in pre-rendered CG sequences put you into the middle of the action.
- Developed by Omega Force, creators of the Dynasty Warriors series.
Official URLOfficial Site
Yuki_ZM and 12 others played Samurai Warriors
Yuki_ZM and 59 others own Samurai Warriors
Jun 25, 08 9:45pm
Nov 29, 07 12:04am
In an effort to rekindle everything we loved about Dynasty Warriors, without being...
Nov 05, 04 8:06pm
A pretty good game and the characters are pretty fast. The moves are good and easy to...
- Genre: Adventure (PS2)
- Theme(s): Historical, Ancient Cultures, Asiatic
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Omega Force
- Publisher: Koei
Released North America May 6, 2004 Europe Jun 25, 2004 Japan Feb 3, 2004
- Also known as:
- Geki Sengoku Musou in Japan