BackgroundLightning-fast backs, 300-pound forwards, huge hits, and no pads. This is rugby in its greatest glory. With EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 you can build team momentum with a shoulder charge or a high-impact collision, or avoid being tackled with creative side-steps or jukes --the power is in your control. New player models promote the most popular players in rugby, while realistic animations better simulate actions and movements on the pitch. For newcomers, an interactive Training mode allows you to easily familiarize yourself with the game's elements. After you hone your skills, make a run for the 6 Nations and European Cup championships or take on teams in the Super 12 and European Domestic Leagues. The time to master the sport of rugby is NOW.
- True Rugby Realism: New player models of varying height and weight and realistic animations bring the tackles, high emotions, and player actions to life.
- Learn it. Play it. Live it.: Training mode outlines the eight main rugby gameplay elements including rules, controls, and advanced tactics. Then take your skills to the Training Pitch for challenge-based drills using advanced controls.
- Unprecedented Control Over Every Aspect of the Sport: Set plays on the fly, dive when tackling, sidestep big hits, build momentum with a shoulder charge, or confuse the defense with complex fakes and dummies.
- All-New Creation Zone: Create customized players based on your own likeness, your favorite rugby star, classic players of the game, or any other characters.
- New Teams and Tournaments: More teams and leagues added for the upcoming season, plus the addition of customizable, user-designed knockout tournaments.
- Enhanced Broadcast Presentation: New camera angles, sound effects, crowd noise, commentators, and replay controls provide better feel for the on-field action.
- Team Songs and Chants: Team songs and crowd chants from the major stadiums around the world capture the spirit and excitement of rugby.
Official URLOfficial Site
HullCityTiger33 and 5 others own Rugby 2005
Rugby 2005 is EA's latest franchise, and is somewhat of a minor priority to them...
I was a bit worried of buying this game as I had Rugby 2004 and thaat to me was rushed...
- Genre: Other Team Sports (PS2)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: HB Studios Multimedia Ltd.
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Mar 11, 2005 Europe Mar 11, 2005