BackgroundRugby 08 introduces the Rugby World Cup Challenge mode that will test even the most hardcore gamer. Rugby World Cup Challenge re-creates 30 classic moments in Rugby World Cup history using modern teams for fans to unlock exclusive Rugby World Cup highlight videos. Compare your results with history and measure yourself against the world's best.
This year Rugby 08 introduces a layered pick-up-and-play control system for set pieces and drop kicks. Now you take full command over every scrum and maul with enhanced push and rotation controls, make lineout throw-ins look easy with a simplified control scheme for the novice player and advanced mechanics for the pro, and master the new kicking meter to score those key penalties and converts. New truck and zoom camera angles zero in on all the action on the field by zooming in on breakdowns and set pieces during the game's biggest moments. The world is yours for the taking in Rugby 08.
Features* Own the World: Power your way through a grueling six-week campaign during Rugby World Cup 2007 in France. Manage squad rotation and player injuries and track the progress of the entire tournament with a user-friendly, in-game information hub.
* Authentic Defensive Formations: Now you can emulate the style of your favorite team with Authentic Defensive Formations. Adjust your defense on the fly to keep momentum on your side. Counter your opponent's attacking style by changing your defensive strategy based on score, field position, and more.
* Rugby World Cup Challenge: Replay over 30 classic moments in Rugby World Cup history using modern teams and unlock exclusive Rugby World Cup highlight videos.
* All New Set Pieces: Take full command over every scrum and maul with enhanced push and rotation controls. Make lineout throw-ins look easy with a simplified pick-up-and-play control system for the novice player, or master the advanced mechanics to enhance your game strategy for the real pro.
* New Kicking Mechanic: Use the new kicking meter to master your drop kicks and score those key penalties and converts.
* New Truck and Zoom camera angles: With an unprecedented level of customized camera angles, zero in on all the action on the field by zooming in on rucks and scrums. Have a clear angle of the uprights as you slot that game-winning convert.
* Authenticity: Play as your national side in its official Rugby World Cup kit as you go for the ultimate glory on the world stage for the Webb Ellis Cup.
* Creative Scoring: Scoring in single player action becomes more difficult as the action moves closer to the try line. Watch as the CPU tightens up defensively, forcing you to create more strategic ways to score.
daggy67 and 2 others own Rugby 08
Mar 25, 08 5:07am
This years edition of EA Rugby, like every other year, is a must buy for any Rugby...
mweb0480 played Rugby 08
Sep 04, 07 12:16am
Does Rugby 08 kick for touch or go for goal in the latest installment of the series?
- Genre: Other Team Sports (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Jul 27, 2007 Europe Jul 27, 2007 Japan Jul 27, 2007 Australia Jul 27, 2007