BackgroundTaste the tension and take the big hits as EA Sports Rugby 06 slams you back into the scrum for the most realistic and intense rugby experience yet.
Keep the match flowing with new off-load passing and quick set plays and get as close as you can get to the mud, sweat and tears of the real thing with faster, more realistic and responsive gameplay.
Drive your team to victory with effective use of your impact players whose innovation, inspiration and discipline can mean the difference between a humiliating defeat and a spectacular win.
When the pressure is really on and the game is on the line, resort to tough tactics to neutralise your opposition's impact players. Used at the right time, laying a high hit on an opponent can turn the game in your favour. But remember, it's just as likely to hand the advantage to your rivals – and land your player in the dreaded sin bin.
With authentic teams and players, more expansive gameplay and all-new hard-hitting action, EA Sports Rugby 06 lays bare the heart and soul of the greatest game on earth.
- Impact Players: Snatch victory from the jaws of defeat by turning to your impact players when the chips are down. Harness the unique abilities of these rugby greats to leave your mark on the game.
- Increased Tactical Plays: Over 25 tactical set plays can be mapped to the controller – choose the most effective or those which best suit your playing style.
- Off-Load Passing: Draw a defender and then pass out of the tackle to create a gap in the defensive line that can be exploited by your team-mates. Fast, fluid rugby is the name of this game.
- Comprehensive Commentary: Ian Robertson returns with all-new co-commentary from legendary All Blacks star Grant Fox.
- Enhanced Stadiums and Playing Conditions: Improved stadium imagery including rolling banners, 3D grass, different pitch patterns and team-specific animated flags combined with new weather conditions such as snow, fog and visible player breath immerse you in a realistic rugby experience.
- Teams and Tournaments: EA Sports Rugby 06 has even more licensed teams and tournaments, including the Guinness Premiership.
- World League Mode: Build an all-conquering team using the in-depth transfer market while balancing all-new club objectives and assessing job offers from rival clubs. Only the best managers will survive.
- Quick Penalties and Lineouts: Keep the defence on the back foot and the game flowing by executing set-plays as they are called.
- Genre: Other Team Sports (PS2)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Feb 14, 2006 Europe Feb 10, 2006 Australia Feb 23, 2006
- Also known as:
- Rugby Challenge 2006 in Australia