Double Fine has confirmed that Psychonauts will launch on the PlayStation Network next week as a PS2... posted Aug 25, 12 7:39am
There's a lot good reasons to Get Hype over Double Fine these days, especially after their crowdfunding appeal... posted Feb 16, 12 10:47am
You must really want a taste of whatever Double Fine will be cooking with your help, as studio founder Tim... posted Feb 09, 12 10:35am
So we heard plenty of you liked Double Fine's 2005 action adventure... posted Feb 07, 12 10:57am
The Internet and its citizens are never short on creativity, a point proved yet again with this video combining... posted Sep 14, 10 12:00am
Psychonauts is often regarded as a game that is one of the best ever made by reviewers...
- Psychonauts to launch as PlayStation 2 Classic on PSN next week Aug 26
- 101 Rank Feb 24
- Sewer workers? Aug 7
- Psychonauts general disscusion Jun 29
BackgroundDelve into people's minds as Raz, a powerful young cadet at psychic summer camp. Raz discovers that someone is kidnapping psychic children and stealing their brains. In order to foil this evil plot and earn the title of Psychonaut, Raz must project himself into the minds of one bizarre character after another to battle their nightmares and mental demons. As the game progresses, constant training will unleash new powers. Use these in the quest to become a stronger, more dynamic hero.
GameplayPsychonauts is an Adventure game with platforming elements. Use your psychic powers to delve into ten different people's minds. Levels will be based on the type of person whose mind you have delved into, allowing for each level to be completely unique, with new enemies and challenges, and different styles of art. People have 5 different types of "emotional baggage". You have to find these to find out more about the person's past and who they are.
- Thwart an evil madman's secret plans in this wildly surreal action adventure
- Enter the minds of bizarre characters; battle their nightmares and demons
- Use cunning wit, paranormal powers, and logic to solve twisted puzzles
- Defeat monsters, lunatics, and demons with the Psi-Blast; master psychic powers
- Enjoy film-quality graphics with hand-crafted animations; original soundtrack
- Delivers challenging puzzles that span a wide range of difficulty
- 13 incredible levels; three in the "real" world and ten in the minds of lunatics
- Complete missions to learn special psychic powers
- Stunning depth of play with a non-linear plot and multiple paths to the conclusion
- Strange, psychically-charged, third-person shooter from the mind of Tim Schafer