BackgroundLive the life of a pirate. In Privateer mode, get into trouble on the seas. As Christian Payne, raid coastal villages or dive for sunken treasure. As Katerina de Leon, create alliances, avoid enemies and investigate the dichotomous lives of your peers.
- Know Your Enemy: Ships come in different sizes, strengths and cannon positions. Make sure you know where you should be to avoid damage, if you can outrun the enemy, and how some of the many enemy ship captains think.
- Crossing the T: Sea combat is not just a question of firing your cannon until the other ship sinks. It demands a certain amount of strategy. Most ships can only fire from their port or starboard (left and right sides). Therefore, the best place for you to be is in front of or behind that ship. This is called crossing the T. Position yourself such that the enemy ship is pointing its front or rear to your side, and then open up with a broadside. You can bring all your guns to bear on the enemy and he can't fire back. Be careful though, some of the more powerful ships have front and rear-mounted cannons.
- Use your Special Powers: You have many tricks at your disposal - don't forget about them. Is your opponent too fast? Fire off some chain shot and shred his sails. Does he outgun you? Fire off a stink pot and watch his shots hit anywhere but your ship. Is there a massive barrage of cannon fire coming your way? Hit your Wind Boost and dodge out of the way. Need to do more damage? Use a mystical figurehead. All of these things can change an impossible battle into something much more manageable.
- Keep your Ship in Shape: The careless captain spends all his loot on ammo. A wise captain buys the ammo he needs, but also buys canvas for repairing sails and wood for patching fresh cannonball holes. Spending a few extra pieces of eight on repair items could keep you afloat and help you win the battle. After all, all those cannonballs you bought won't help you if you're on the bottom of the ocean.
- shell locations in Raven's View Sep 14
- last chest on fjords of frost Feb 27
- does it make a noise when you enter cheats correctly? Oct 3
- Cheats Mar 25
lucedeoangel played Pirates: Legend of Black Kat
Quel Apogee and 2 others own Pirates: Legend of Black Kat
Overall not a bad game,,,,if you like pirates and battling ships etc. I did enjoy the...
To be honest I was disappointed. I was expecting something along the lines of Pirates!...