BackgroundSet in a post-apocalyptic world of 2071, where robot fighting has become the most popular sport, players can earn money to customize the ultimate fighting machine to take into the online arena. With more than one million variations, gamers can make use of a seemingly endless number of body parts and weapons. Bringing the bots online opens an entirely new world of competition and challenge, as players fight for supremacy. Online arenas allow up to eight players to enter with four players battling head-to-head at one time. As each player is defeated, other players can immediately jump into the game to replace him - creating a frenzied action-packed battle zone.
GameplayPhantom Crash 2050 provides an arcade style experience that allows players to quickly master the basics, yet also offers in-depth strategy for more advance gamers. As the name of the game implies, players can utilize phantom capabilities - a special stealth camouflage - to briefly become invisible on the arena floor. This feature allows for a crafty player to set up a deadly attack or avoid a fatal strike from an adversary, adding an element of strategy to the intense battles. Gamers have the option to compete in a number of distinctive 2070-era locales, including Las Vegas, London and New York City. While the game delivers an approachable pick-up-and-play experience for the genre, it is the customization, stealth features and online play that sets Phantom Crash 2050 apart.
- First PlayStation 2 game to feature online robot combat
- Phantom stealth capabilities - optical camouflage turns robots virtually invisible
- Fast-paced arcade style robot combat, the sport of the future
- 1st person and 3rd person view
- Two player VS Mode allows players to take their best bots into a head-to-head battle
- Customize your robot with over one million possible variations in body parts and weapons
- Numerous distinctive battle arenas where the action unfolds including Las Vegas, London and New York City
Titled "Phantom Crash 2050" in Europe.
Added on: May 12, 2004
Feleon the Protector played S.L.A.I.: Steel Lancer Arena International
Feleon the Protector and 5 others own S.L.A.I.: Steel Lancer Arena International
PERMAFROSTGot this game at gamestop for 1 dallor best dollar i ever spent SLAISteelLancerArenaInternational PS2
Sep 22, 10 11:41am
- Genre: Shooter (PS2)
- Theme(s): Mechs/Bionics
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo
- Publisher: Konami
Released North America Sep 20, 2005 Japan Sep 22, 2005
- Also known as:
- SLAI: Phantom Crash in Japan