BackgroundAkechi Samanosuke is the samuri warrior who must rescue a kidnapped princess in 16th century feudal Japan during a time when warlords fought for domination. Players obtain gems that add various magical effects such as fire, thunder and wind to weapons.
- Character graphics are created at an average of over 10,000 polygons per character -with realistic emotion and character animation.
- Highly detailed 3D rendered backgrounds.
- Dramatic storyline blends actual Japanese history with fictional and non-fictional characters.
- Background animation technology provides innovative special effects that add even more realism to the game.
Recipient of an IGN.COM Editors' Choice Award.
Added on: June 27, 2000
Official URLOfficial Site
Two Capcom hack and slash franchises started in the year 2001 - Devil May Cry, which...
There was a time when word of Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami making a survival action game featuring... posted Oct 19, 10 7:51pm
Onimusha:Warlords.This game is what samurai hungry players have been looking for.This...
Where to start...at the beginning! The start of the game is quite an amazing...
This is the best game I've played! In my opinion its as good as GTA: vice City! The...
Right from the get go you'll probably end up dying a few times since the controls take...
I can honestly say this is one of the best fighters out there. Its kinda short but...
- Genre: Adventure (PS2)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Horror, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Mar 14, 2001 Europe Jun 1, 2001 Japan Jan 25, 2001 Australia Q1 2002
- Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
- Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
- Onimusha Blade Warriors
- Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
- Onimusha Warlords