BackgroundAn all-new Conquest Mode allows players to take a team and challenge NBA squads across the country, while a new Pick Up Mode give gamers a chance to choose from 10 different NBA players for a playground-style match-up. In addition to the instant replay function, a new Highlight Reel option provides players the opportunity to view a select reel of highlight shots, passes, steals, and dunks at the end of each game. Players will also have more choices of quick pick-up-and-play mini-games, including an all-new rhythm-based dunk contest as well as carnival-style games including skee-ball, pinball, and pop-a-shot. Additionally, the game brings back popular mini-games such as Dodgeball and HORSE, as well as a comprehensive ladder challenge and virtual trading cards.
GameplayAn all-new Smart Shot Indicator provides a visual gauge of the impact defense has on shot opportunities, and a new Power Boarding System is now in place to offer a true 3D approach for players to position themselves for rebounds. Additionally, NBA 07 includes refined core gameplay elements including new mechanics for stealing, passing, and shot selection as well as more intuitive Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- The Life: Volume 2 – Go behind the scenes in this unique mode to experience the life of an NBA professional – this time as the league's star player.
- True NBA Experience – Gamers will once again be exposed to successes and failures of an NBA career including injuries, press conferences, endorsements, and other major events that come with being a franchise athlete.
- Two Playable Characters – Play from the perspective of both The Kid and Big W as the story of their rivalry unfolds. Each character is confronted with personal conflicts in their careers that highlight the glory and anguish of their NBA stardom.
- MVP Race – Challenge Big W for MVP honors. Based on skill progression and head-to-head match ups, Kid and Big W will move up or down the MVP Race list.
- Unlockable Gameplay – Players completing The Life: Volume 2 with a created character will unlock the ability to play the post season again as Big W, providing new scenes and a different gameplay experience.
- Compelling Storyline – Delve into a deep story where each player has a different experience and takes a different path as they progress through the league. A variety of mini-games, drills, and clutch-win scenarios help players build experience levels, expanding their skill sets and overall attributes.
- Character Development – Balance interaction with coaches, agents, teammates, family, and rivals. Perform well on the court and get rewarded with endorsements.
- Film Production Quality – Utilizing movie industry film/camera direction, script development, professional voice talent, and a film-like musical score, NBA '07 continues the immersive cinematic experience within the game.
- New Power Boarding System – Players can now experience the most realistic rebounding system ever. Based on shot trajectory and bounce off the rim, this new mechanic allows players to realistically position themselves in regard to where the basketball will be once it bounces off the rim or backboard.
- New Smart Shot Indicator – A clear visual cue as to shot probability based on defensive effort. Tighter defense will result in a low-level indicator while soft defense will encourage players to fire away.
- Enhanced Gameplay and A.I. – In addition to rebounding and shooting, each of the core fundamentals of gameplay has been improved including passing, dribbling, defending, and steals. Additionally, AI has been revamped to improve individual and team defense as well as balance in "The Life" mode.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Genre: Basketball (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: SCEA
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Sep 25, 2006