BackgroundImagine jump shots where players actually adjust their movement in mid-air based on distance from the hoop and defensive pressure; a passing touch that gives you the control to skirt a defender or start a fast break; a dribble moves that let you jab left, rock right, crossover, spin, and much more. All of it will be yours in NBA 2K3, along with an all-new Franchise mode, improved low post and passing games, an advanced animation system, and online play on the PS2 and Xbox.
GameplayImagine jump shots so real players actually adjust their movements in mid-air based on distance from the hoop and defensive pressure; a passing touch that gives you the control to skirt a defender or start a fast break; and dribble moves that let you jab left, rock right, crossover, spin, and much more. It's all happening on Offense in NBA 2K3. No other game delivers the physical element of basketball like this. Accurate impact from collisions, especially hard fouls and authoritative dunks; shot blocking with emphasis on precise hand-to-ball contact; and the ability to lunge for the loose ball, even if it means ending up on some celebrity's lap.
- ESPN Broadcast Presentation - True to the sports fan, player introductions, game highlights, replays, scores and more are displayed in the famous ESPN style.
- Expanded Passing Game - Control pass type and direction, fake a pass, and more.
- Exciting Low Post Game - Fronting, faking, pivoting, and facing up actions and a total control drop step you can use to change direction mid-move.
- Controlled Rebounding Game - Effectively block out opponents for a better shot at grabbing a board.
- Improved Street Mode - Take any NBA ballers outside for some OG playground action with animated crowds and variable weather conditions.
- All-New Franchise Mode - Run your team. Recruit players, hire and fire coaches, develop young players, scout foreign talent, and assess injuries.
- Enhanced Arena Environments - Animated crowds, mascots, and asst. coaches; more music, chants, and beats; and effects such as sneaker scuffs on the floor.
- Unique AI Slider Controls - giveyou the power to truly customize your game
- Extensive Paybooks - new plays that take advantage of teams' star players
Official URLOfficial Site
Where to start with Sega's NBA 2K3... Well I should probably start by saying that...
All in all this game is nearly perfect. New cross over moves franchise mode and all...
Awesome gameplay, graphix, commentary, scores are realistic, the ability to double...
ARRRGGGGGGGGG!! Visual Concepts have taken a turn for the worse. So let me start with...
I am going to tell you this straight up, I have never EVER anticipated a game as much...
- Genre: Basketball (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Visual Concepts
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Oct 8, 2002 Europe Mar 28, 2003 Japan Mar 20, 2003