BackgroundNASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup challenges you to battle through a groundbreaking new story mode to achieve NASCAR stardom. Start from humble beginnings by earning Modified, Truck and Busch rides before grabbing million-dollar purses in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series. Develop your racing skills and intimidate your rivals on the track with all-new controls. Off the track, force the action with post-race confrontations, and settle disputes with NASCAR stars by racing America's top production cars through city streets. Fans react to the drama, idolizing both NASCAR heroes and villians with every move. Owners and sponsors recognize talent and reward success. It's up to you to show them what you got.
- Introducing Fight to the Top Mode: Become a superstar owner or driver and decide where and how you want to race. Develop essential racing skills, increase fan support, and compete in three new racing series as you become the driver that top NASCAR teams are looking for.
- All-New Chase for the Cup: The first and only game to feature the new NASCAR point system. This 10-race championship shootout is available in both Fight to the Top mode as well as its own stand-alone game mode.
- Next-Generation Grudges and Alliances: Make your driver a hero or a villain. Force mistakes with the new Intimidator Button as rivalries even spill off the track with post-race confrontations.
- Four New Racing Series: Try your hand at the NASCAR Busch Series, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, and Featherlite Modified Series. Opportunities present themselves on all levels – you're a few wins away from hitting the main show, the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series.
- American Muscle Cars: Settle bitter rivalries with other NASCAR drivers through the streets in production cars, including the Ford GT and Dodge Viper.
- Win the Crowd: Make decisions that will define your driver's popularity, which affects your budget through sales of customizable merchandise.
- Earn Skill Points: Connect your skills and accomplishments through various game modes with the new Skill Points reward system.
- Create-A-Driver: Put yourself inside the world of NASCAR by customizing your body and racing gear and creating team colors and designs.
- 4-Player Online Racing: NASCAR 2005 now runs online (PlayStation 2 and Xbox only) with up to four simultaneous racers trading paint on a single track (the CPU fills out the rest of the field). Along with improved anti-cheating measures, your online racing experience just reached a whole new level.
Hardware RequirementsMemory Card (for PS2) - 293KB
Analog Control, Vibration Function, Pressure Sensitive, Progressive Scan
Logitech/PS2 USB Headsets (optional)
Online: Ethernet Broadband or Analog Modem required
Newtwork Adapter (PS2) 2-4 players
AOL Dial-up Compatible
Official URLOfficial Site
Awesome. Just awesome. If you are a Nascar fan this is a must. If you are not a Nascar...
I was really looking fowared to this game. I own 2003 and 2004 and loved them and...
Alrite....the things they have taken away are the passing indicators which I depened...
This game will be much better than the last 2 NASCAR games. I am not fond of the...
- Genre: Auto Racing (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Aug 31, 2004
- NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup
- NASCAR Racing 2003 Season
- NASCAR Racing 2002 Season
- NASCAR Racing: 1999 Edition