BackgroundMonster Hunter allows you to become the hunter instead of the hunted. Play with anyone from around the world with full online play. Your goal is to hunt down and exterminate monsters. Hunt down monsters by setting traps or just by using your weapons. Each monster has a unique personality with either a passive or aggressive style. After defeating a monster use his skin, bones and other parts to create weapons and armor for your customizable character.
GameplayIn Monster Hunter, creatures from all walks of life coexist with mankind. The struggle to hunt or be hunted rules the world. As monster hunters, players will face a variety of quests and battle against powerful beasts either alone or with the aid of others. Players begin by creating and customizing their very own character, selecting the type of hair, face, voice, and other various features they want their monster hunter to possess.
Monster Hunter unfolds as expeditions are revealed and players are given the option to choose between the wide ranges of challenging assignments they would like to undertake. Objectives vary from defeating specific beasts, protecting a town or collecting items. Hunters are richly rewarded for every accomplished objective or efforts put forth during battle, allowing them upgrade weapons and equipment. The world continues to expand as difficult missions are successfully accomplished.
As the story unfolds, individual characters develop through surviving battles and the strength of the weapons and protective gear they possess. Weapon shops located in the neighboring towns and villages allow hunters to purchase, create or strengthen powerful weapons and armor using items collected during combat and the skin or horns acquired from the monsters that have been defeated. The variety of armament combinations used or obtained is almost limitless. However, its effectiveness will vary depending on the materials used to produce it.
With online multiplayer scenarios, gamers can participate in group sessions of up to four players working as a team to vanquish powerful monsters and accomplish tasks. For instance, work collectively to create traps for unsuspecting monsters or distract a monster's attention as a friend tries to escape from a dragon's nest, toting an enormous egg. Moreover, new quests and items will be available for use on the network. Monster hunters will be overwhelmed by the possibilities that online play lends itself as Monster Hunter reveals the expansive world that awaits them.
- Richly detailed and diverse environments – Explore breathtaking landscapes that are richly detailed and marvel at the surroundings that encompass the world of Monster Hunter.
- Online and offline gameplay options: Up to four friends can play simultaneously online to hunt monsters and accomplish various objectives or choose to single handedly complete missions offline. Villages within Monster Hunter have lobbies which allow many online players to chat and join up to create hunting groups and accomplish missions.
- Character customization – Players can create and modify their main character. Various customizable attributes include name, gender, hairstyle, face, and voice.
- Create your own unique equipment – Not only can weapons and armor be obtained by purchasing them, but can also be created from monster claws, scales and various materials collected.
- Upgradeable artillery such as swords and cannons.
- Expanded online content – For additional replay value, new quests featuring unique sets of enemies and objectives can be accessed online. Special items can be rewarded to players for completing only these new missions.
Official URLOfficial Site
Feleon the Protector and 14 others played Monster Hunter
Feleon the Protector and 107 others own Monster Hunter
Lighticegreat game remember playing a demo of it when it came with DMC3 then several years later rememberd about it and found it on ebay! MonsterHunter PS2
Dec 14, 09 1:24am
IIICOOLINGIIIa lengendary game but far harder than the freedom's MonsterHunter PS2
Apr 03, 09 10:30pm
echoman30amazing game, if you ever see this at any game store buy it. MonsterHunter PS2
Mar 16, 09 2:30am
- Genre: Adventure (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Third Person,Isometric
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Sep 21, 2004 Europe Mar 25, 2005 Japan Mar 11, 2004
- Player Info:
- Online Co-op (4 max)
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd