BackgroundMLB 06: The Show is set to unveil new core features for SCEA's annual game of hardball. The all-new Rivalry Mode allows players to set up and maintain multi-game rivalries, while tracking stats for the life of the rivalry. King of the Diamond Mode brings players a head-to-head mini game that showcases the intensity of the duel between pitcher and batter. Rex Hudler joins Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell for new Three-Man Booth commentary.
MLB '06: The Show for PlayStation 2 reports to camp with the new Game Time Decisions feature, providing scenarios in which users will need to take full control of their team and make game-winning decisions at critical times. The new 40-Man Roster feature offers the ability to take full control of a team's roster for each and every game. King of the Diamond and Rivalry Mode are now playable head-to-head over the net, and an online news service provides users with MLB updates.
GameplayMLB® '06 pitches and deals with the complete portable package where you can play your whole career on the road with an all-new Career Mode, sign on for a multi-year deal with an all-new Season Mode that tracks multiple seasons, track heated rivalries with an all-new Rivalry Mode that allows you to set up and maintain rivalries between multiple gamers, see who is the best of the best as you match up today's stars with Historical Greats, and follow the action with unparalleled comprehensive and progressive commentary from a new 3-man booth that introduces Rex Hudler to Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell.
- New Rivalry Mode allows you to set up and maintain rivalries between multiple gamers or versus the CPU. Follow everything from wins to Ks. Now you can see who has the winning edge every time you challenge your rival.
- Enhanced Franchise Mode gives the critics more to rave about extending the functionality where performance and player morale are tracked on virtually every level – salary, playing time, batting slot, team performance, you name it – you control it.
- Enhanced Career Mode incorporates a new Career Spotlight underscoring all of the highlights, bloops and blunders during your career and showcases them in the limelight. You still call the shots but now the ramifications of your actions are documented. It's up to you to determine whether your reel consists of highlights or miscues.
- New King of the Diamond is a classic playground duel from childhood where a pitcher and batter from opposing teams will square off head-to-head. This innovative mini-game showcases the challenging intensity of the batter versus pitcher duel. An inning clock increases the pressure in this Over-The-Line style challenge. Dominate your block offline or see how you stack up against the world online.
- New Game Time Decisions bring more depth to Franchise and Season Modes. Only MLB 06 The Show provides the ability to take full control of your team when you're forced to make the tough decisions. An injured player on the roster or a pitcher who needs more rest – the decision to play them is yours. If you ever thought you could be a big league manager this is the year to test your skills.
- New 3-Man Booth with Rex Hudler bringing additional energy to tell it like it is. Hudler joins Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell for the most comprehensive commentary you've heard in any baseball game. MLB 06 The Show sets the bar high with progressive commentary that changes as you progress through the game, adapting to current actions and situations.
- MLB Headline News allows you to stay on top of all the news around the league and receive all the current happenings in baseball today including news, trades and events from 31 different feeds, each containing 25 unique items. You can also select General MLB headlines for updates from all 30 teams in the league so no important news is missed while online with MLB 06 The Show.
- Unrivaled Player Creator provides infinitely possible options for creating players including everything right down to your own face with EyeToy®. But it doesn't stop there – you can also adjust your personal rituals, swings – even emotions as you create Mini-You.
- Unprecedented Online Options featuring head-to-head gameplay, 32-team tournaments, King of the Diamond, Rivalry Mode, live sports tickers, message boards, buddy lists, headset functionality, downloadable rosters, chat, and more.
- Unique Stadium Ambiance for every MLB team specific to their stadium with coordinated crowds, team colors and audio that catering to each team and specific players.
- Release Point Pitching takes video game pitching to a whole new level utilizing a timing mechanism you must learn realize pitching pace and release point which varies from pitcher to pitcher.
- The Pitching Confidence Meter plays a key role your ability to hit spots. Your frequency of mistake pitcherwill impact the confidence level of your hurler making it more difficult to hit your spots and paint the corners.
- Guess Pitch tests your ability to master "the sweet science". Check out the pitch history and sit on any of 5 pitches the pitcher will throw next. If you sit on the right pitch your power attribute is increased. For the ultimate reward sit on pitch and location and leave the yard in a hurry.
- PlayMaker Fielding at it's core is based on fielding attributes but it's ultimately up to you play to your team's strengths and weaknesses. Excellent fielders will track them down for you while sub-par fielders will require some concentration from you.
- Unassisted Fielding Control allows fielding freedom with the ball in hand. Take advantage of more realistic barehanded flips and the ability to dive with the ball in the fielder's bare hand for the putout.
- Hundreds Of Personalized Animations shows you recognizable, personalized player animations for everything from walk-ups, rituals, stances, swings – even emotions. All told more than any other baseball game on any platform. Guaranteed!
- Authenticity, Subtleties & Nuances like drag bunts, wild pitches, broken bats, check swings, off-line throws and much more.
Official URLOfficial Site
Koreanpride and 11 others own MLB '06: The Show
Dragonstar748 played MLB '06: The Show
First of all, give 989 some credit, no scrap that, give them a hug, because...
- Genre: Baseball (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: SCEA
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Feb 28, 2006
- MLB 14: The Show
- MLB 13: The Show
- MLB 12: The Show
- MLB 11: The Show
- MLB 10: The Show
- MLB 09: The Show
- MLB 08: The Show