BackgroundIn this strategy/RPG you play as Laharl, son of the late King Krichelvskoy, Overlord of the Netherworld, who actually died 2 years ago. However, you have been asleep both years and during your slumber the lords of the Netherworld have forgotten your existence. You must battle against these demons to reclaim your father's title. After winning the throne you still have other affairs to deal with. A quest featuring over 40 classes and a variety of items and weapons. Another Atlus cult classic.
GameplayPlayers engage in tactical battle with a maximum of 10 characters on the board at one time. Each character will either have weapon-based techniques (humanoid classes) or class-based techniques (monster classes). Each character is equipped with one weapon and 3 pieces of accessories. Characters can also make use of a "throw" option, which allows them to throw other people (enemies or allies) across the board, thus making use of alternate strategies.
- Over 80 total humanoid and monster classes.
- Items possess their own world, each composed of a 100 randomly generated floor dungeon.
- 14 episodes of storyline.
- 8 weapon types: fist, sword, spear, axe, bow, gun, staff, and monster-only.
- The Dark Assembly where players can propose new things such as increasing the difficulty of enemies.
- 5 extra maps to be completed in addition to the story episodes.
Titled "Makai Senki Disgaea" in Japan.
Added on: November 19, 2002
Official URLOfficial Site
Malan and 101 others own Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
AxelCDawg127 and 25 others played Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Dood, this game is good!
Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness was certainly an interesting beast...
Shadow of Death
Mar 07, 09 1:31pm
Disgaea was a huge hit in Japan, but has only found nominal success stateside. Part of...
- Genre: Tactical Strategy (PS2)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Developer: Nippon Ichi Software
- Publisher: Atlus
Released North America Aug 26, 2003 Europe Q2 2004 Japan Jan 30, 2003