BackgroundIt is 1930. Due to circumstances he couldn't possibly have predicted, Tommy's life as a cabdriver is about to be exchanged for a life in the Mafia. At first he continues his work as a driver and nothing could be better. He soon becomes good friends with his sidekicks Paulie and Sam, and although the work is sometimes risky, he earns more money than he did as a cabdriver. But as time goes on he is ordered to undertake more and more unpleasant jobs – and he starts to become disillusioned with the life he has chosen.
GameplayPlay through an expansive epic story line inspired by real events that took place in the 30's - conveyed through spoken dialogs and motion-capture animations from professional actors. Due to the realistic physics and real time deformation of cars, getting involved in a chase with the police is definitely something to avoid!
- Explore over 12 square miles of this 1930's American city, with intelligent simulated traffic, landmarks and surrounding countryside. This fictional city was created with reference to authentic buildings and photos from that period.
- Over 20 action-packed missions with tasks including from mob hits, car chases, bootlegging, shootouts, assassinations of persona non grata, bank robberies and even simply going for a romantic walk with your love.
- Over 30 highly realistic and hi-poly indoor locations rendered with the latest 3D engine technology. Take a trip through a city of the 30's, visit places such as the airport, banks, galleries, restaurants, the harbor and many others.
- Over 12 weapons to choose from, including baseball bats, sawn-off shotguns, Magnums or the legendary Thompson tommy gun, to deal with those that dare to cross your path.
- Over 60 historic cars, which are based on models that were on the road in the 30's and the physics of which have been faithfully reproduced.
Official URLOfficial Site
Set in the 30's this great game starts with Tommy Angelo as a taxi driver, earning...
Set in 1930s New York City-esque Lost Heaven--complete with innacureate guns and cars...
Mafia is the best game where you can get a good look at what its like to be in the...
- Genre: Shooter (PS2)
- Theme(s): Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Illusion Softworks
- Publisher: G.O.D.
Released North America Feb 4, 2004