BackgroundIt all begins with a boy named Sora. He leads a carefree life with his friends Kairi and Riku on the beautiful Destiny Islands. One night, just as he was getting ready for bed, a mysterious storm rolls in, shrouding everything in darkness. In the chaos that follows, Sora finds the legendary Keyblade, but is powerless to prevent the storm from scattering everything he knows and loves far and wide.
After a rough ride, the storm deposits him in a strange place called Traverse Town. Fortunately for him, his fall is broken by Donald and Goofy. Not ones to hold a grudge, the three become friends in no time and realise that the tumultuous events on Destiny Islands are connected to some unusual goings-on in Traverse Town and even the disappearance of the King of Disney Castle himself. The whole world is being swallowed by the Darkness, it seems, and it's about time someone did something about it! Now Donald and Goofy are reminded of the King's final instructions to them, that they must find the one who holds the "Key". Surely it can't be a coincidence that the very boy who fell from the sky had been chosen to bear the Keyblade? And so their Quest begins.
What a quest it turns out to be. The trio journey through countless strange and exotic worlds, meeting ever stranger and more exotic folk along the way, and after healthy dose of battling, puzzling and honest-to-goodness adventuring, they find the King and Riku. Thus reunited, they form a plan to save the world. Sora must use the Keyblade to close the door to the Darkness. Simple, right? Well no, actually. When the time comes, Sora finds that closing the door to the Darkness will mean sealing the King and Riku on the other side! Sora must choose between saving the world and saving his friends.
Knowing what he must do, Sora puts his shoulder to the door, and places his faith in the King's last words - that there will always be a door to the light.
As one adventure ends, another begins...
GameplayThe gameplay is based on a one player, Action/RPG fighting system that allows you to interact with your allies and surrounding environment. There are also many spells, summons, and special unlockable abilities to use against multiple enemies and healing your party.
The fighting is mainly done with a weapon called a 'Keyblade' and you can equip different 'keychains' to add special powers and/or battle options. These affects are very useful when fighting the enemies called 'Heartless'.
- Extended plot, including new scenes featuring Sephiroth and Cloud, and the reason why Kairi arrived at Destiny Islands.
- New boss characters including US-only bosses Phantom and Sephiroth. You will get to fight one of the cloaked figures seen in Kingdom Hearts 2 previews too!
- New Heartless enemies, such as 'Neo Shadows' which are like the normal 'Shadows' but have a longer reach.
- New weapons and shields, including the "One Winged Angel" keyblade, the "Diamond Dust" keyblade and many more.
- Features many well-known Disney, and Final Fantasy, characters.
- Japanese subtitles have been added
- Four new magic abilities, including "Ripple Drive", "Gravity Break" and more.
Official URLOfficial Site
[image1 width=300 float=right] It's not the Kingdom Hearts 3 you wanted, but perhaps it'll do: Square Enix is... posted Sep 20, 12 7:16am
This game is awesome because you see Kingdom Hearts with a lot of Cool features like...
Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix is one of the greatest games that you ever could play and it...
- Genre: Fantasy Role-playing (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Square Enix
- Publisher: Disney Interactive
Released North America Mar 28, 2002 Japan Dec 26, 2002