BackgroundIn Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry returns for his fifth year of study at Hogwarts and discovers that much of the wizarding community is in denial about the teenager's recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort, preferring to turn a blind eye to the news that Voldemort has returned. Fearing that Hogwarts' venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort's return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge's Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting of his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of students who name themselves "Dumbledore's Army," Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing the courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle that lies ahead.
- Discover the real Hogwarts Explore the Hogwarts from the movie and discover its magical secrets using the gesture-based spell casting system. Talk to the portraits, complete their missions and gain passwords for shortcuts around Hogwarts. The player can interact with virtually everything they come across, gain discovery points and unlock secrets in the Room of Rewards.
- Recruit Dumbledore's Army Find and recruit the members of Dumbledore's Army. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 's non-linear gameplay allow the player to choose where they go, what they do and when they do it, within the magical surroundings of Hogwarts.
- Attend Hogwarts classes Complete side-missions for teachers and attend Herbology, Charms, Transfiguration and Potions classes to earn O.W.L. grades. Achieving "Outstanding" opens secret areas of the castle!!
- Play Wizard Games
Compete in Exploding Snap, Gobstones and Wizard Chess games throughout Hogwarts and challenge the best from each house.
- Experience the movie in the game Play the key moments from the movie, from the Dementor attack in Little Whinging to the ferocious battles at the Ministry of Magic. Experience the most authentic-to-the-movie game experience in Harry Potter videogame history: the castle is built from the same blueprints used to build the movie sets; actual movie assets were referenced to create a more authentic feel; many of the movie's actors have been head scanned and contribute their actual character voices; and the key Harry Potter music theme can be heard in this videogame.
- Play other favorite characters Fly Fred and George out of Hogwarts as they escape Umbridge's regime. Play as Sirius Black to protect Harry as you confront Bellatrix Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy in the Ministry of Magic. Play as Dumbledore in his momentous final confrontation with Voldemort.
Official URLOfficial Site
Ethancaliko and 57 others own Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
millaindie and 14 others played Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Genre: Fantasy Adventure (PS2)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Family, Supernatural/Occult
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Jun 25, 2007 Europe Jun 29, 2007 Japan Nov 22, 2007 Australia Sep 28, 2007
- Also known as:
- Harry Potter to Fushichou no Kishidan in Japan
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone