BackgroundA sequel to Gungrave, Gungrave OD tries to advance on the first game. There are now 2 new characters to play as, as well as the original one and like the first game you can still blow up pretty much everything in sight. By killing enemies and destroying scenary you can build up your beat counter to allow you to use your special attack, a Demolition Shot. There are now artistic points to build up as well which can be used to unlock power ups.
While the first game was quite linear, this game favors more open levels with more space and there are plenty of levels to explore including a Supermarket! This game expands on and improves the original game in countless ways, a must have for fans of the original game.
- High-energy anime environment: Wreak havoc with guns, swords or a guitar that shoots electricity - all set against a glorious, fully-destructible, cell-shaded environment.
- Three playable characters: Juji Kabane, a wrathful swordsman with incredibly deady close-up attack and Rocket Billy RedCadillac, a leath-clad rock star with his electric shooting guitar join undead GunGrave hero Beyond the Grave.
- Artistic points: Gain valuable points and unlock hidden moves by killing with elegance.
- The Beat Counter: Boost your destructive arsenal by using the Beat Counter to monitor your rate of destruction, clear enemies quickly and replenish your health.
- Nine stages and 43 minutes of movies: the plot thickens, the stakes are higher and the volume is more impressive than ever.
- Created by the best: Character designs by famed artists Yashiro Nightow (Trigun) and Kosuke Fujishima (Sakura Wars) and a soundtrack by Tsuneo Imahori (Trigun, Hajime No Ippo).
Dionysus and 1 others played Gungrave Overdose
Dionysus and 13 others own Gungrave Overdose
Gungrave Overdose rises head and shoulders above the first, with its advanced crazy...
Not intent on resting their on laurels with the release of Nippon Ichi's La Pucelle: Tactics, Mastiff Games... posted Jun 18, 04 9:16pm
- Genre: Shooter (PS2)
- Theme(s): Cyberpunk, Gothic, Anime, Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Red Company
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Sep 13, 2004 Europe Jun 30, 2006 Japan Mar 4, 2004