In San Andreas, players take the role of Carl "CJ" Johnson as he returns home following the murder of his mother. CJ and his friends begin rebuilding the Grove Street Families gang in order to keep drugs off the streets of their territory while uncovering the truth behind his mother's murder. Players can explore the entire state of San Andreas, including the cities of Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Santos (Los Angeles) as well as the surrounding vast forests, countrysides and desert.
Drive, eat, shoot, recruit—these are some of the things players can do in the world of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Players perform missions given to them by their "homies" to earn respect and cash. Players eat to keep CJ's health up; keep his strength up and avoid getting fat at the gym; recruit gang members; avoid the police; get hair cuts, threads, and tattoos to look cool; gamble at the casino; etc.
For more information visit the Neoseeker GTA Portal
- • Play through the entire state of San Andreas, Las Venturas (based on Las Vegas), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Santos (Los Angeles). Including vast forests, countrysides and desert.
• Get tattoos, make modifications to your car, eat, work out and even recruit gang members.
• Ridable bicycles with pedals, the faster you tap X, the faster you go. Including BMX's and Mountain Bikes, police also have Police bikes.
• You can hold 2 weapons at once now, for twice the firepower. Also, double that again when you can have up to 3 people in a drive-by shooting.
• Drive ATV's, Quadbikes, Tractors and even a Monster Truck. Linerunners now have Trailers, including Tankers.
• Carl can now swim, along with lots of other new additions to keep it realistic. You can also roll and talk to other pedestrians.
• New stats for Muscle and Fat levels, even a handy new Stamina bar added to the HUD.
• All new weapons, including objects used in everyday life are put to good use, Shovels and Fire Extinguishers can be used as weapons.
Hardware Requirements8MB Playstation 2 Memory Card required.
400KB minimum space needed to save.
Analog Control Compatible: Analog Sticks only.
Vibration Function Compatible.
Previous to the official announcement, San Andreas was also known known as "Grand Theft Auto IV". Commonly called "GTA: San Andreas".
Added on: September 05, 2003
Official URLOfficial Site
In outstandingly awesome fashion, Rockstar Games has made every radio station from Grand Theft Auto III in 2001... posted Apr 11, 13 5:14pm
- Genre: Automobile Based Action (PS2)
- Theme(s): Lifestyle, Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Rockstar Games
- Publisher: Rockstar Games
Released North America Oct 26, 2004 Europe Oct 29, 2004 Japan Jan 25, 2007 Australia Oct 29, 2004