BackgroundFive years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas--a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption, where film stars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangsters. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighbourhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
For more information visit the Neoseeker GTA Portal
GameplayDrive, eat, shoot, recruit—these are some of the things you can do in the world of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. You perform missions given to you by your "homies" to earn respect and cash that will lead you to find out who killed CJ's mother. You eat to keep your health up; keep your strength up and avoid getting fat at the gym; recruit gang members; avoid the police; get hair cuts, threads, and tattoos to look cool; gamble at the casino; etc. You get to decide what you want CJ to look like—pink hair or not. In San Andreas, there are three cities to explore instead of just one so you are free to wander.
- • Play through the entire state of San Andreas, Las Venturas(bases off Las Vegas), San Fierro(San Francisco) and Las Santos(los Angeles). Including vast forests, countrysides and desert.
• Get tattoos, make modifications to your car, eat, work out and even recruit gang members.
• Ridable bicycles with pedals, the faster you tap X, the faster you go. Including BMX's and Mountain Bikes, police also have Police bikes.
• You can hold 2 weapons at once now, for twice the firepower. Also, double that again when you can have up to 3 people in a drive-by shooting.
• Drive ATV's, Quadbikes, Tractors and even a Monster Truck. Linerunners now have Trailers, including Tankers.
• Carl can now swim, along with lots of other new additions to keep it realistic. You can also roll and talk to other pedestrians.
• New stats for Muscle and Fat levels, even a handy new Stamina bar added to the HUD.
• All new weapons, including objects used in everyday life are put to good use, Shovels and Fire Extinguishers can be used as weapons.
Hardware Requirements8MB Playstation 2 Memory Card required.
400KB minimum space needed to save.
Analog Control Compatible: Analog Sticks only.
Vibration Function Compatible.
Official URLOfficial Site
CharlieBLP and 234 others played Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Rainbow Dash AX and 979 others own Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
In outstandingly awesome fashion, Rockstar Games has made every radio station from Grand Theft Auto III in 2001... posted Apr 11, 13 5:14pm
- Genre: Automobile Based Action (PS2)
- Theme(s): Lifestyle, Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Rockstar Games
- Publisher: Rockstar Games
Released North America Oct 26, 2004 Europe Oct 29, 2004 Japan Jan 25, 2007 Australia Oct 29, 2004