BackgroundThere are a million stories in Liberty City. This one changes everything. Once a trusted wise guy in the Leone family, Tony Cipriani was forced into hiding after killing a made man. Now he's back and it's time for things to be put right.
The streets of Liberty City are in turmoil. Warring mafioso vie for control as the town begins to self destruct under waves of political corruption, organized crime, drug trafficking and union strikes. No one can be trusted as Toni tries to clean up the mess of the city's chaotic underworld. Deranged hitmen, morally depraved tycoons, cynical politicians and his own mother stand in his way as Toni tries to bring the city under Leone control.
Forced to fight for his life in an odyssey that will shake Liberty City to it's foundations. Toni must use any means neccesary to secure his place in the leadership of the Leone family in a town up for grabs.
GameplayAn all new story, all new features, all new missions, all new characters, all new voices, all new music—an entirely NEW game that follows Toni Cipriani's return to Liberty City, his involvement with the Leone's, and their bitter turf war against the rival gangs, the police force and the Mayors office.
- See Liberty City like never before. Experience a whole new adventure in the three classic boroughs: Portland, Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale.
- Freedom to play the game your way—play through the varied missions, or interact freely with the sprawling city.
- Full-scale audio production, from an all-new licensed soundtrack played on changeable radio in-game radio stations, to all-new pedestrian speech, and all-new player speech.
- Drive the best vehicles from the Grand Theft Auto universe. Motorcycles, Choppers, Scooters, Boats, Muscle cars, Train and Ferry systems are all featured in Liberty City for the first time ever.
- Liberty City is filled with classic Grand Theft Auto gameplay elements like Hidden Packages, Insane Stunt Jumps, Rampages, Ammu-Nations and Pay 'N' Spray.
Many safehouses positioned around Liberty City ensuring gamers' ability to quickly save their game on the go.
- Sprawling urban environment includes changing weather, chattering pedestrians and interactive ambient traffic.
- Lookin' Sharp! For the first time different outfits have been made available to the player in Liberty City.
- Full host of Grand Theft Auto weaponry including the best weapons from the Grand Theft Auto universe including machine guns, shotguns, pistols and multiple weapon sets never seen in Liberty City.
- The AI of Liberty City Stories is as sophisticated as previous Grand Theft Autos. You'll see all the gang rivalries, police and emergency services, chattering pedestrians going about their daily business as they bring life to the gritty streets of Liberty City.
Official URLOfficial Site
In outstandingly awesome fashion, Rockstar Games has made every radio station from Grand Theft Auto III in 2001... posted Apr 11, 13 5:14pm
PlayStation 3 gamers have something nice to look forward to next week, as both Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City... posted Mar 29, 13 3:27pm
- Genre: Shooter (PS2)
- Theme(s): Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Rockstar Games
- Publisher: Rockstar Games
Released North America Jun 5, 2006 Europe Jun 22, 2006 Japan Sep 6, 2007 Australia Jun 23, 2006