BackgroundFor the first time ever, take to the field in a Gaelic Football game fully licensed by the GAA.
Those of you bemoaning the lack of Gaelic Games on PS2 need grumble no more as Sony Computer Entertainment Ireland has confirmed that Gaelic Games: Football will be heading to the console this November.
Developed by IR Gurus, Gaelic Games: Football is endorsed by the GAA and promises to be a faithful recreation of Ireland's national sport.
You'll be able to play as all current county teams and have the pleasure of hearing Michaél o' Muircheartaigh providing full commentary.
The impending release of Gaelic Games: Football has drawn support from the GAA. President Sean Kelly, said: "I have no doubt the partnership of Sony Computer Entertainment Ireland and the GAA in developing the new game will have huge benefits for the GAA."
Irish language promotional body Foras na Gaeilge was also involved in the game's development. Seosamh Mac Donnacha, Príomhfheidhmeannach (CEO) of the organisation, commended Gaelic Games: Football's bilingual option, which allows the game's menus to be presented in both English and Irish, saying: "Foras na Gaeilge welcomes this new and enjoyable vehicle for the Irish language and looks forward to its widespread success."
GameplayYou'll be able to play a quick single game, or participate in a full GAA season, which will take in the National Football League, as well as the Provincial and All-Ireland Football Championships.
On the field, you'll have access to all of the manoeuvres in the book, from soloing and handpassing, to tackling and shooting, which you can show off in any one of the 11 accurately replicated stadiums, including Croke Park, O'Moore Park, Paírc Uí Chaoimh, Casement Park and Pearse Stadium.
- All 32 County Teams (plus London & New York) in the Latest Strips
- Realistic On-Field Play
- Full Match & Player Statistics
- Stunning Croke Park & Various County Grounds
- Live Commentary From Ireland's Leading Gaelic Football Media Personalities
- League, Provincial & All Ireland Championships
- Real Time Lighting & Shadows on Players
- Gaelic & English Languages
- Decals (Mud, Bandages) Appearing On Players Throughout The Match
- Superb 3D Graphics & Motion Capture Animations