BackgroundIn a world where the Soviet Union won the Cold War, a fierce conflict is beginning to unfold in the streets of America. The American President has been assassinated and the Red Army has invaded the country. You take on the role of Christopher Stone, a charismatic and fearless freedom fighter obsessed with finding and freeing his brother in the streets of occupied New York City. Experience turn-based urban guerilla warfare scenarios, single or multiplayer.
GameplayA Recruit and Command system lets you lead up to 12 Freedom Fighters into battle at a time. 3rd Person Action in the streets and alleys of New York. Fight the enemy with guerrilla tactics and weapons. Interconnected missions mean the war staged in one level affects another.
- War Transforms Your City and Your Character: Witness the transformation of your character from ordinary citizen to the world's toughest Freedom Fighter. New York City itself slowly degrades into a massive battlefield.
- Become a Leader, Save Your Nation: The fast-paced, squad-based action lets you recruit and lead up to twelve Freedom Fighters into battle. This is your army -- lead it wisely.
- Intense Third-Person Action: Gritty, urban guerilla warfare scenarios range from small sabotage missions to large battles in which you must conquer enemy installations.
- Charisma-Based Recruiting System: Gain points for rescuing prisoners or capturing key installations. The more charisma you have, the more fighters you can recruit.
- Battle for the Big Apple: Fight for your city using a variety of weapons including machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades, and Molotov cocktails.
- Enhanced Rendering Technology: An advanced engine renders amazing 3D special effects such as real-time lighting, rain, snow, smoke, and explosions.
- The Sound of Freedom: From shouts and commands barked out in battle to a pace- and mood-setting soundtrack, the rich environmental draws you into the action.
Hardware Requirements8MB Playstation 2 Memory Card required.
400KB minimum space needed to save.
Analog Control Compatible: Analog Sticks only.
Vibration Function Compatible.
Previously titled, "Freedom: The Battle For Liberty Island" and "Freedom: Soldiers of Liberty".
Added on: October 07, 2002
Official URLOfficial Site
Owning this magnificent game is a must without a doubt. From it's interesting and...
Well, I was scanning the aisles of Blockbuster one night and I realized I'd rented...
skdfjasl dajsdnaldasnheawmjezfcjm ewsjfcefjefmjcf ckefkfmh4hgyu,d hewupojsd,r...
WARNING!!! Long review lololol
Wow!! What a kick ass game. Great graphics, sound....
It has changed names 3 times, but this is not a sign of a bad game. In fact, it is one...
I've just got this game and so far it is brilliant. The ability to have up to 12...
The single player mode is very good because what happens in one mission can affect...