BackgroundBuckle your seat belt and hang on with this intense racing game Flat-Out. Realistic graphics puts you right into the action. A variety of cars, tracks and charecters sets this all new racing game appart from all the others. Smash into obstacles along the way and leave your debris behind. Head into the pit area and fine tune your car to give you the edge over the other racers.
GameplayDeveloped by Bugbear Entertainment, FlatOut is one of the most spectacular Racing games you'll ever see! Experience the drive of your life as you throw yourself around 45 challenging tracks in one of 16 fully upgradeable cars. The track environment is subject to the all-encompassing physics system that is unique to FlatOut, and is set to define a new standard in racing games. Fences will shatter, tyre walls will explode, water tanks and barrels will fly across the track into other cars. Every time you lose control, you will truly feel the weight of the car as it collides with and destroys a barn, or smashes into the pack of cars ahead of you, and with 40 deformable pieces on every car sparks are guaranteed to fly! Anything you destroy or alter stays a part of the race, increasing the carnage to unprecedented levels! Broken fences, free rolling tyres, and even mangled parts of cars are left scattered around the track, increasing the mayhem with every lap. An extensive championship mode will keep you 'FlatOut' for months on end, as you battle through a huge variety of races, mini-games and the most outrageous arenas of destruction you could possibly imagine. And it doesn't stop there. Online and multiplayer gaming options add even more variety to the game play. Challenge your closest peers, or the best gamers from across the globe and compete in the most realistic racer to date!
- First racing game with a 3rd person mode where the character can repair his car, walk around the pit area and interact with other characters.
- Captivating character-driven story bringing new depth to the career mode and driving games.
- Fast-paced and adrenaline filled racing experience. Races consist of 8 banged up and rusty cars battling it out without mercy on varying racetracks.
- Accurate feel in the vehicle dynamics giving enough feel of presence for the most dedicated racing enthusiast with a console.
- Realistic and extensive damage modeling affecting both visuals and vehicle dynamics, separately damaging different parts of the car.
- Cutting edge technology. Optimized for racing games. Game graphics will be of previously unseen realism on Xbox and PC.
- 45 varying and different racecourses, from sandy and hilly courses with plenty of jumps to ice courses on frozen lakes, along with asphalt racetracks and combinations of asphalt/dirt tracks.
- 16 different cheap and rusty banged up car models.
- Garage. Player can buy new parts to his car or purchase entirely new car.
- Multiplayer racing in various game modes utilizing both linked and splitscreen multiplayer modes for single console multiplaying and XBox Live for internet multiplaying
- Advanced AI that makes mistakes and lears from them, developing its skills during the seasons.
Official URLOfficial Site
Hman242 and 2 others played FlatOut
Hman242 and 13 others own FlatOut
Looking for a good game to play? Consider Flatout. It may not be as hard-cored as...
- Genre: Auto Racing (PS2)
- Developer: Bugbear Entertainment
- Publisher: VU Games
Released North America Jul 11, 2005