BackgroundStep onto the pitch and play professional football your way in FIFA 09. Experience the most authentic football simulation EA SPORTS has delivered as you live the fantasy of playing as a professional player and customize the game to suit your style and ability.
Live the fantasy of a professional football player through the popular feature innovation Be A Pro now expanded to include a career mode. In Be A Pro: Seasons you pick or create a professional player and then develop his skills at a single outfield position with the ultimate goal of becoming a national legend.
FIFA 09 delivers a new level of authenticity. The matchday experience is now true to life with a referee and assistants. Plus, crowds, stadium atmosphere, and commentary have all been regionalized in exacting detail and 15 new stadiums added.
GameplayFIFA 09 features more than 250 core gameplay additions and enhancements that deliver the most responsive, intelligent and realistic action ever for the series. Enjoy turning defenders with more controlled dribbling and ball control, snapping off precision shots with improved first time shooting mechanics and firing beautifully timed passes with greater accuracy, placing the ball exactly where you want it. With new player momentum physics the speed and weight of the player determines everything from the distance of a slide tackle and the power of a header to the severity of player collisions and the height of a player’s jump. Plus, players now behave according to their physical attributes with larger, stronger players dominating collisions, battles for control of the ball, and position in challenges for two player headers.
FIFA 09 features new Custom Team Tactics that gives you all the tools to become a first team coach. For the first time, go inside the game engine to customize the positioning and support play of your teammates and decide exactly how your team will play in any situation. Now you are the player, coach and manager! You have the power to adjust and customize tactical settings so CPU players and your team perform just like the real world team plays or how you think it should play. Save your tactics and then make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent’s weaknesses, all on the fly.
- 500 New Animation Sequences: The largest overhaul of the football animation system delivers more responsive, intelligent and realistic physical action. Players move more fluidly around the pitch. Smaller, nimble players possess quicker first steps and have the advantage in sprints.
- New Collision Detection System: With 360 degree coverage players behave according to their physical attributes. Stronger players now possess the strength to knock down smaller players during collisions or use their body and arms to shield the ball in challenges.
- New Shielding System: Player strength and momentum determine outcomes in challenges. Slow the pace of a game with increased control shielding the ball, enabling you to bring support players into the action. Plus, players can push off defenders to create space—at the risk of being called for a foul.
- Pro Skill Moves: Four new skill gives you a total of 32 tricks in your arsenal, making it easier to recreate signature moves of the real world superstars. Now perform scoop turns, rainbow flicks, heel to heel knocks and ball rolls just like Ronaldinho.
- New Controls: Pass, shoot, and score using a graduated control system. Start with the simplified two-button control system and then learn more controls at your own pace on the fly. Now even players new to the game can challenge the best.
- Be A Pro: Seasons, Pick a professional player or create a player and test your football ability over four seasons. Master positioning, improve your attributes and develop into an elite player. Cooperate with up to three friends fixed to their player on the same team, but compete with those same friends on individual challenges. All performances are tracked through detailed statistics.
- Be A Pro Camera: The unique player focused Be A Pro camera debuts on PlayStation 2 to immerse you into the action. The new camera tracks your player, recreating the excitement as if you were on the pitch yourself.
- Manager Mode: Featuring new options for pre-season friendlies, and the ability to create formations to customize your club for each opponent.
- Tournament Mode: Play 61 tournaments, including 42 officially licensed ones, or create one of your own.
- Challenge Mode: Take on the challenge of overcoming a variety of difficult scenarios to earn rewards and unlockables.
- Complete Authenticity: Over 500 licensed teams and 30 leagues all accurately represented with correct kits and badges.
Official URLOfficial Site
Thunfish and 35 others own FIFA Soccer 09
masternaveed and 7 others played FIFA Soccer 09
- Genre: Soccer (PS2)
- Theme(s): Historical
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Oct 14, 2008 Europe Oct 3, 2008 Japan Dec 18, 2008 Australia Oct 2, 2008
- Also known as:
- FIFA 09: World Class Soccer in Japan
- FIFA 09 in Europe / Australia