BackgroundBased on a true story, Fatal Frame is a horror adventure game. Guided by her sixth sense and armed only with an antique camera, Miku sets out to solve the mystery of her brother's sudden disappearance. As the story unfolds, she discovers gruesome details about the Himura mansion's troubled past. The property and surrounding area have a dark history involving grisly murders, an evil cult, and restless spirits.
GameplayAs Miku, you are equipped with 2 main items - a flashlight and an old camera. As you explore the dark mansion, with that one flashlight, you can only puncture the darkness one slow corner at a time. Your only weapon is that trusty camera. The third-person gameplay has controls very similar to the Resident Evil games: there is a fixed camera angle in each room. But this limited vision deliberately hides certain areas that may contain anything lurking very closely to Miku.
- Enhanced Audio: Experience the thrills of surround sound with 5.1 channel compatibility. The enhanced audio will make the feeling of being attacked a terrifyingly real experience.
- New Additions: The Xbox release will increase Fatal Frame's fear factor with new costumes, hidden characters, and frightening new ghosts that will add an enhanced sense of dread to the popular game.
- A Brand New Ending: After you have defeated the last and most powerful spirit you will experience a different ending than the PS2 version.
- Terrifying Game Atmosphere: Eerie environmental sounds, fleeting spirits, and a terror-filled story line all add up to one of the scariest games on the Xbox.
Known in Japan as "Project Zero".
Added on: January 18, 2002
Official URLOfficial Site
- Locked door with Chinese number symbols. Jun 27
- Hello. I have been registered on this site for a while but mostly been browsing. Currently, there is a new game I am releasin Jun 17
- android - horror game [merendam], resemble fatal frame. Apr 16
- A friend and I are blindly playing through Fatal Frame II on Wii! Jul 30
mpregangel and 14 others played Fatal Frame
franzito and 68 others own Fatal Frame
LevenderGirlI've been watching FF on youtube lately. I can't wait to get all 3 for chrismas! X-D FatalFrame Xbox
Dec 19, 10 9:47am
Shiya64100% completion All Missions completed with S rank Completed harder difficulty mode All extras unlocked almost 90 of all film types FatalFrame PS2
Nov 20, 09 7:19pm
RikaNirikiIs it Just me or is it the Hardest Fatal Frame? But Still Amazing! FatalFrame PS2
Aug 22, 09 12:58am
Jun 13, 06 1:34am
The plot of this game is simple enough. Miku, a college girl, goes to Himuro mansion...
Nov 11, 05 1:00pm
The game is more creepy then gory actually. But there's lots of anxiety you feel as...
- Genre: Mystery Adventure (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Tecmo
- Publisher: Wanadoo
Released North America Mar 5, 2002 Europe Aug 30, 2002 Japan Dec 13, 2001
- Also known as:
- Project Zero in Europe