Terror returns this Fall with Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly, the sequel to the highly popular survival horror title, Fatal Frame. This time the terrifying journey takes you to a whole new creepy setting, an abandoned village, where you play the role of Mio Amakura, a young girl who is gifted with a strong sixth sense and her twin sister Mayu, who notices a crimson butterfly faintly glowing in the sky.
Mayu, feeling mysteriously compelled to follow the butterfly, chases it into the dark forest. Mio unwillingly follows her sister into the forest's depths. After chasing the crimson butterfly to a clearing in the forest, the two sisters stumble upon a deserted village. Unknown to either sister is that this lost village will become the spooky setting for yet another horrifying tale guaranteed keep you up at night.
GameplayFatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly's gameplay is basically the same as the original Fatal Frame. Instead of having weapons like pistols and shotguns, the only thing you have to defend yourself is an old camera. By taking photos of the ghosts and spirits that you encounter during the game you can injure them. Most of the time you control Mio, but sometimes you can play as her twin sister, Mayu.
- Frightening atmosphere and stunning visual effects.
- Experience a unique battle system; defeat and capture spirits with the power of the Camera Obscura.
- Interactive puzzles require logic and quick-thinking.
- Twice the challenge; struggle not only to protect yourself, but your twin sister as well.
- Gripping storyline with three different endings.
- Phenomenal replay value; unlock videos, costumes, cheats, difficulty levels and mission mode.
Titled "Zero: Kurenai Ijou" in Japan.
Added on: May 15, 2003
Official URLOfficial Site
Lua and 70 others own Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Aeolus426 and 19 others played Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Fatal Frame 2 is the story of Two sisters, Mio and Mayu, who become trapped in a...
Project Zero II is the story of how two twins stumble into a deserted village, and...
- Genre: Mystery Adventure (PS2)
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Tecmo
- Publisher: Tecmo
Released North America Nov 10, 2003
- Also known as:
- Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly in Europe