BackgroundEcco the Dolphin Defender of the Future, is an all-new aquatic adventure of epic proportions. In order to save the planet and win back his future, Ecco must travel through mysterious and breathtaking underwater worlds filled with puzzles, friends, foes and danger while in search of the stolen dolphin-power that he must recover from the far reaches of time and space. The future of the Earth now rests on the fins of this friendly dolphin in the underwater gaming experience of a lifetime.
- Sega's wildly successful brand makes its PlayStation®2 debut with fully optimized graphics and gameplay.
- Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future was named "Best Adventure Game" of E3 2000.
- All new & improved PlayStation 2-exclusive control scheme and in-game radar feature make for the smoothest Ecco yet.
- Award-winning author David Brin brings a new dimension to the Ecco plot with a science fiction storyline.
- British composer Tim Follin provides a masterful soundtrack of ambient, mystical music.
- 34 meticulously detailed underwater worlds, each with unique themes and puzzles.
- Stunningly rendered ocean environments, adapted from countless video and photograph resources.
- Realistic underwater sea life from friendly turtles and whales to menacing sharks and stinging jellyfish.
- Cutting edge enemy AI keeps gameplay fresh and exciting.
- View Ecco from several different camera angles: trailer, remote, above water and side/backward.
Developed by Appaloosa Interactive.
Added on: March 05, 2002
i love the way you get a little rubber vest to put on when you deal with electricity.
...It's still not as rnjoyable to me as the Dreamcast version. Don't get me wrong, I...
I played and beat the two previous Ecco game for sega Genisis, and eagrly waited the...
- Genre: Fantasy Adventure (PS2)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Acclaim
- Publisher: Acclaim
Released North America Mar 4, 2002