DragonQuestFTW Mar 29, 13 6:39pmi just completed it today and i want to do it all over again :)
Shedevil and 205 others own Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
timekeeper19 and 53 others played Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Fluidity Jun 13, 12 6:47pm
alphador Aug 19, 11 8:42amThis has beautiful graphics, excellent music and art on top of a great story line. 4.75/5 stars.
waterlemons46 Aug 04, 09 11:19amThis isn't as good as the other onea but it is still a good RPG
Markimus_123 Jul 01, 09 6:01amGot stuck on the last boss Rhapthorne, cant be bovered lvln up to beat him, but this is a really awesome game for RPG lovers.
loptyu302 Jun 29, 09 2:07pmLongest game ever and so much fun!!!!!!!
MattchuLB Feb 01, 09 8:27amGot the one with the FFXII demo. :) Never played though. Was bought for my grandmother.
BackgroundPoor King Trode has been turned into a troll, his daughter Princess Medea into a horse and his subjects into brambles. His kingdom, Trodain, is frozen in time.
The story begins as you, the hero (one of the King's guards), and your eccentric band King Trode, the Princess and a reformed bandit named Yangus arrive at the town of Farebury in search of an evil jester named Dhoulmagus. He is the madman responsible for stealing a forbidden sceptre from King Trode's castle and cursing the whole kingdom. Now he roams the land killing innocent victims.
United by a common goal, characters Jessica and Angelo join the party on a quest to bring the devilish Dhoulmagus to justice.
- Intuitive game balance makes this title easy to pick up, allowing rapid engagement with the story and environment.
- Freedom to go anywhere the eye can see in a huge, seamless and colorful world.
- Battle against a wide variety of weird and wonderful monsters.
- Party members deploy spectacular attacks and spells in stunning 3D.
- Individual party members' behavior can be customized for optimal battle performance.
- Time passes from day to night revealing an entirely different side to towns and dungeons.
- All of your attacks are selected in battle, before anyone does anything.
Hardware Requirements1 player maximum
8MB PS2 Memory Card required to save
Saves; 178 KB minimum
Analog Control Compatible: analog sticks only
Vibration Function Compatible
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
Official Site (EU)
Official Site (JP)
- Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special (Import) (2004)
- Dragon Quest V (Import) (2004)
- Dragon Quest: Yangus (Import) (2006)
- Torneko's Big Adventure 3 (Import) (2002)
- Dragon Quest 25 Shuunen Kinen: Famicom & Super Famicom Dragon Quest I-II-III (Import) (2011)
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (2008)
- Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online (Import) (2012)
- Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (2006)
- Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (2008)
- Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (2010)
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (2007)
- Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (2009)
- Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (2011)
- Dragon Quest Wars (2009)
- Dragon Warrior I & II (2000)
- Dragon Warrior III (2001)
- Dragon Warrior Monsters (2000)
- Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey (2001)
- Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (2001)
- Dragon Quest I & II (Import) (1993)
- Dragon Quest III (Import) (1996)
- Dragon Quest V (Import) (1992)
- Dragon Quest VI (Import) (1995)
- Torneko no Daibouken: Fushigi no Dungeon (Import) (1993)