BackgroundDragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 is the third installment in ATARI's highly successful Budokai Series. Take control of the strongest fighters in the Dragon Ball Z Universe and fight to the death against your greatest foes.
GameplayDragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 runs on the same engine as the past two Budokai's. Intense hand to hand combat and explosive Ki Energy attacks. Players fight in destructable 3D enviroments, testing their combat skills to the highest level.
- A new a 'Z Point' growth system that allows characters to increase in power and defense.
- When faced with big powerful ki attacks, players can teleport out of harms way unscaved and also use it for longer combos or to suprise enemies.
- New pursuit attacks like Teleportation will consume your ki so that you do not use to many of them.
- Multiple energy blasts can now be fired at once instead of one at a time as in previous games, and prolonged blocking can cause your character to become fatigued, leaving him vulnerable to attacks instead of being able to block thoughout the fight adding to the 'Dragonball Z' realism.
- Old characters from Budokai 1 & 2, accompanied by brand new Movie and Series characters as well as Fusions.
- Detail on auras increased and improved to enhance the visual experience of raging power.
- Cel shading graphics return with enhanced features, much more impressive than Budokai 2.
- New and improved transformations including the super saiyan 4 form seen in 'Dragon Ball Grand Tour (DBGT)'.
- Now players are no longer bound to the ground, with free-flight being available for use.
- The new 'Dragon Road' mode allows players to take characters on a long and wild adventure.
- Also players can freely fly around the world as any character and experience the scenarios they found in the original story, and as everything progresses in the gameplay, there won't be any cut-scenes.
Hardware RequirementsSony Play Station 2 Console
Sony Play Station 2 Dual-Shock Controller
Sony Play Station 2 Memory Card, Preferably 8 Megabyte
Official URLOfficial Site
antoni and 53 others played Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
Angelicos and 237 others own Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
Namco Bandai has to be one of the busiest publishers/developers out there, at the rate they're making games and... posted Jul 18, 12 12:44pm
Mar 25, 12 9:31am
Oct 07, 11 1:05pm
MachienzoDragon Ball Version of Tekken. A fun game with great visuals. DragonBallZBudokai3 PS2
Sep 19, 09 1:21am
Shadow of DeathAll skills, and a high level Goku. With the right character, it is actually pretty easy to beat high level enemies. Goku, and a few... DragonBallZBudokai3 PS2
May 07, 09 12:47am
Twin_MasterA DBZ game at heart. Doesn't get muddled up with gameplay elements and runs quite smoothly. DragonBallZBudokai3 PS2
Jan 16, 09 9:12am
Nov 28, 08 4:52pm
- Genre: Action Fighting (PS2)
- Theme(s): Anime
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Dimps
- Publisher: ATARI
Released North America Nov 16, 2004 Europe Dec 3, 2004 Australia Nov 26, 2004
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (8)
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection
- Dragon Ball Z Kinect
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
- Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II: Future Shock
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku