BackgroundConflict: Vietnam follows the progress of four US soldiers, Ragman, Junior, Hoss and Cherry, cut off from their unit during the 1968 Tet Offensive and tasked with fighting their way back to friendly lines. A third person shooter where the player takes full control of all four squad members, Conflict: Vietnam does not set out to depict the course of the war; instead we witness four men struggling for survival in the hostile Vietnam jungle against a ruthless terrain and seemingly ever-present 'invisible' enemy.
GameplayConflict: Vietnam is a third person shooter where the player takes full control of all four squad members, utilising their different skill sets and tactical abilities to carefully out-flank enemies, neutralise targets and potential threats and make it back to friendly lines in one piece.
The game is made up of fourteen huge missions, each with a number of individual and varying objectives. You will lead your squad through ruined temples, down Vietnamese rivers, into local villages (with friendly and non-friendly fire) through the jungle and into the ancient Vietnamese capital of Hoi.
Unlike Conflict: Desert Storm, Conflict: Vietnam does not set out to depict the course of the war; instead it bears witness to four men struggling for survival in the hostile Vietnam jungle against a ruthless terrain and seemingly ever-present 'invisible' enemy.
- 14 enormous missions will take players deep into the Vietnamese jungle, through small villages, into ruined temples, and down Viet Cong tunnel complexes.
- Use performance-based points after each mission to develop your characters in 9 skill categories such as Sniper, Medic, Demolitions, and Leadership.
- A revitalized control scheme allows context sensitive commands such as giving covering fire and guarding civilians.
- An era-specific arsenal of over 20 weapons including assault rifles, mortars, .50 calibur maching guns and the ability to call napalm air strikes.
- A wide range of vehicles puts your squad behind the wheel of APCs, Jeeps, tanks, helicopters and river boats.
- Paranoia inducing AI with enemies that set booby traps, strike from hidden areas, and coordinate their attacks in an environment that they are the masters of.
Official URLOfficial Site
Legionare_23very good for a war game may be a bit dated now but I still love it nonetheless 8/10 ConflictVietnam PS2
May 27, 13 2:20am
Legionare_23 and 10 others own Conflict: Vietnam
MakeMeBad played Conflict: Vietnam
Aug 26, 05 6:35pm
A "somewhat" fitting addition to the first two titles in the series, but could have so...
- Genre: WarGames (PS2)
- Theme(s): Military
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Pivotal Games
- Publisher: SCi Ltd
Released North America Oct 5, 2004 Europe Sep 3, 2004
- Conflict: Denied Ops
- Conflict: Global Terror
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Conflict: Desert Storm II
- Conflict: Desert Storm