BackgroundEidos' Championship Manager series is the #1 selling football management game of all time; however, we're not resting on our laurels! Over the last decade Championship Manager has gone from strength to strength, making armchair managers out of millions of players. For the next version, Eidos has put together a dream team to ensure that Championship Manager 5 continues this fine heritage. Beautiful Game Studios boasts a 30-strong squad with over 150 years cumulative football game development experience, all aiming to enhance the qualities that make the game such a winner. Over the last few months we've been talking extensively to Championship Manager fans old and new to help us make Championship Manager 5 the ultimate football management simulation. Our new game engine takes Championship Manager fans to the next level of playability with faster processing, more accurate player actions and comprehensive tactics.
GameplayAfter years of following matches through text commentary, a brave new world was introduced in CM4 via the 2D overhead match engine. This proved a very popular decision and CM5 will utilise a similar approach yet with a quicker, smoother experience. For the first time ever, Championship Manager 5 will also offer a tilted pitch perspective, thus allowing managers to gain an added dimension to how they view matches by being able to see the height of the ball. Another improvement is a wider choice of match speeds; now you can choose to watch matches This further adds to the overall increase in game speed in Championship Manager 5, giving the manager the option to experience matches in as little or as much detail as they wish and allowing them to play more matches, more seasons, more leagues.
- NEED FOR SPEED: Sick of having to put the kettle on between matches? CM5 will provide a much faster gaming experience than before.
- STAT ATTACK: Previous versions of Champ Man have relied on the good will of fans to provide information on the players in the game. This time round the developers have taken a more specialized approach, employing the services of the Professional Football System, a long-standing agency who provide information to actual clubs and managers around the world. Established in 1999, the services of the PFS have been utilised by clubs from The Premiership, Serie A and La Liga, including no less than the mighty Real Madrid.
- IT'S TRAINING MEN: CM5 will offer a user-friendly training module, albeit still with a comparable amount of detail. Training schedules will be easier to implement, and BGS has been working closely with Charlton Athletic's First Team Coach, Mervyn Day, who has designed optimised regimes for certain areas.
- THE BIG MATCH: After years of following matches through text commentary, a brave new world was introduced in CM4 via the 2D overhead match engine. Generally a popular decision, CM5 will utilise a similar approach with a quicker, smoother experience.
- SEARCH FOR A STAR: Unearthing undiscovered players is a huge part of football, and therefore of Champ Man. The scouting system in CM5 is being tweaked to enable more specific searches to be carried out.
- TACTICAL GENIUS: The tactics screen has always been a success in Champ Man but BGS is making subtle improvements. As well as adding arrows for players to make runs, managers will now be able to add further arrows instructing players where to play the ball, into the channels for instance.
- SEAL THE DEAL: A fully realistic transfer model is being employed, encompassing an array of factors including finances, reputation and player personalities. Buying players will be more than a case of simply offering the cash, so attempting to lure Ronaldo and Zidane from Real Madrid to Chelsea will not be a formality. You will first have to establish yourself as a decent manager with the potential to win major trophies, and the loyalty of the players in question will also prove a key factor. As of course will their wages.
Official URLOfficial Site
HullCityTiger33 and 6 others own Championship Manager 5
May 14, 07 9:38pm
- Genre: Soccer (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Gusto Games
- Publisher: Eidos
Released North America Mar 17, 2005 Europe May 13, 2005 Australia May 16, 2005
- Championship Manager 2010
- Championship Manager 2008
- Championship Manager 2007
- Championship Manager 2006
- Championship Manager 5
- Championship Manager 03/04
- Championship Manager 4
- Championship Manager 01/02
- Championship Manager 00/01
- Championship Manager 3
- Championship Manager 97/98
- Championship Manager 99/00