BackgroundSet in an underground world that time has forgotten, this newest Breath of Fire game takes players on a journey to the surface of the Earth. Ryu, a Ranger for the underground civilization, is on his routine patrol assignment when he has a sudden "awakening" and is determined to discover what lurks above. Follow Ryu, and other members of the underground society, as they fight their way to the surface against monsters and adversaries.
GameplayWhen Ryu, Nina and Lin explore the vast labyrinths of Sheldar, they will encounter a wide variety of enemies. Using the Positive Encounter Tactics System (PETS) you can lure in the enemy with bait to get the intiative, or damage the enemy with explosives before the battle even begins. If at any time you feel you can't go on, you can use Scenario Overlay (SOL) to backtrack to where you last saved your game, while retaining some experience
- Stunning cel-shaded characters and environments.
- A new combined real-time and turn-based battle system.
- Positive Encounter Tactics System (PETS) allows players to get the initiative before the enemy strikes.
- A beautifully orchestrated soundtrack.
- Scenario Overlay (SOL) allows players to quit the game at any given time while retaining some experience points
This game is intense. There is no easy way to heal, no easy way to save. There's no...
All in all, this game has a lot to offer. It's very challenging, very original and so...
Other than the long time between save points, the character detail and brilliant...
Ryu, the main character, has an outstanding ability - his ability to turn into a...
the game jus keeps on going once uve beaten it once y not go through again y not c how...
- Genre: Fantasy Role-playing (PS2)
- Perspective(s): Top Down,Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Feb 18, 2003 Japan Nov 14, 2002