BackgroundDarkness gathers yet again in the sprawling port city of Baldur's Gate. Bloodthirsty bandits stalk the trade roads, a secret society of heartless assassins dominate the criminal underworld abducting citizens on moonless nights dragging them screaming into the darkness. The city's most recent saviors vanished along with the Onyx Tower, and so, in heroic tradition, adventurers throughout the Western Heartlands make the journey to Baldur's Gate to meet their great and unknown fate.
The threat of Eldrith has been eliminated, yet sinister, enigmatic forces still rally against the city... and this time, their machinations are far more subtle, tangled, and insidious. There are many intrigues to unravel, enemies to butcher, and characters to meet -- both old and new -- before Baldur's Gate is saved from a fate far worse than utter destruction.
The player's adventures will thrust him through spectacular environments, such as a ruined city beneath the earth, an abomination-filled manor of an insane alchemist, the shadowy, unholy keep of a vampire lord built upon the Battle of Bones, even the bizarre unreality of other planes of existence. With each quest completed and each battle won, the player comes one step closer to unmasking the true villain and his awe-inspiring plot.
GameplayBaldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 uses the age old hack 'n slash formula, but still alows for decent amounts of customization for each character. One must use each of his character's skills (melee or magic) and the added abilities he picks up throughout the game effectively, as traveling through each dungeon proves perilous indeed. At the end of each dungeon, the player must face off against a boss.
- Fast paced, addictive hack n' slash combat with over 40+ levels of thrilling action spread over 4 acts.
- Five new customizable characters, each with distinctive powers appearances and abilities that develop throughout the game.
- New, amazingly detailed environments and monsters with even more explosive spell effects than before.
- A new, inventive item creation system that allows players to forge their own unique magical weapons and armor from raw components.
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use, from enchanted potions and scrolls to wands.
- Sequel to the highly acclaimed 2002 Console RPG of the Year from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
- Branching storyline allows the player to choose how he or she wants to the play the game, making each game experience unique.
- Two-player cooperative mode that allows both players to play the game on a full screen.
Official URLOfficial Site
AnvilManDudeBro420 and 17 others played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
megageeklizzy and 31 others own Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
Let me begin by saying I've only played this game in two-player co-operation mode....
- Genre: Adventure (PS2)
- Theme(s): Dark Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Black Isle Studios
- Publisher: Interplay
Released North America Jan 20, 2004
- Baldur's Gate (1998)
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (2000)
- Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (2001)
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (2012)
- Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast (1999)
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2001)
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2002)