BackgroundA story-driven 3D game, Max Payne tells the tale of a cop who must investigate the murder of his family while dodging the suspicions of a separate murder he's framed for. Max has to comb the moonlight streets while searching for the mafia thugs, street punks, and seedy freaks who may or may not have information on why he's been framed or who killed his family.
- Max Payne is a story-driven 3rd person action game aimed for a mature audience.
- Two camera modes show the grim present day New York City setting and the gunplay action from the best possible angles. The follow-up mode tails Max Payne, as he runs, his guns blazing and his long leather jacket flapping, through trash littered alleys and cockroach crawling hotel rooms.
- Realistic weapon setup includes over a dozen real-life guns, all fitting the crime-story setting like a bullet in the head.
- The action is surrounded with more than 80 graphic novel storyboards that enhance the game's dark and gritty atmosphere and attitude, introduce the game's murderous cast of characters and carry the twisting roller coaster plot from one action location to the next.
- Uses new MAX-FT Technology.
- Smooth character system that allows seamless characters meshes with a wide range of movement. Characters naturally receive lighting properly from the environment.
Official URLOfficial Site
darkrex25 and 73 others own Max Payne
Trev_GFC and 15 others played Max Payne
- Genre: Adventure (PS2)
- Theme(s): Film Noir
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Rockstar Games
- Publisher: Rockstar Games
Released North America Dec 11, 2001 Europe Jan 11, 2002 Japan May 22, 2003