BackgroundPlayers will play the role of Ghat; the son of a impressive hermaphrodite creature called Father-Mother, whose children form the most powerful clan in the city of Halstedom. Ghat must escape from his family and start an incredible journey with his female companion Deadra, who will aid him in the dangerous lands of Zenozoik.
GameplayThis first-person game features a combat system revolving mostly around melee, and players can chain their attacks into a variety of combos, though Zeno Clash does offer an unusual variety of weapons that can be used to keep enemies at a range. Firearms and explosives are handy additions to the melee arsenal, as different enemies may require different strategies.
- Engaging melee combat in first person: the combat in Zeno Clash is up, close & personal. The new melee combat system allows players to perform a variety of movements like deflect & elude combos, knockback finisher punches and punishing grab attacks. The depth of the combat system will put player's skills to the test. Learn new attacks as the game progresses and confronts you with more formidable foes.
- Fantastic visuals powered by the source engine: players will be immersed in a fantastic world, beautiful and disturbing at the same time. The unprecedented art style brings a fresh new approach to the first person genre. The surreal environments and characters will keep player's wanting to discover more.
- Survival mode challenges: jump right into the action in engaging unlockable "tower challenges". The player must overcome enemy waves to progress through the tower levels. The game will rate the player in different categories like speed and performance. A leaderboards system will rank you against your friends, so the challenge never ends.
- Deep storyline: Zeno Clash is a story driven game. Player's will play the role of Ghat; the son of a impressive hermaphrodite creature called Father-Mother, whose children form the most powerful clan in the city of Halstedom. Ghat must escape from his family and start an incredible journey with his female companion Deadra, who will aid him in the dangerous lands of Zenozoik.
- Bizarre weapons: an unusual arsenal of weapons is available for those who can manage to keep the enemy in range. The eccentric weapons are built from scrap and junk, but they are most effective when used properly. Hammers and clubs will be the most effective when fighting heavy characters that can only be brought down with extreme force.
- Beautiful soundtrack: The beautiful musical score is as varied as the game's settings. The original soundtrack will keep players immersed in the different environments and key parts of the story.
Official URLOfficial Site
If you haven't played Zeno Clash or Hoard yet, or have never gotten over your love for 80s dungeon crawlers, the... posted Feb 10, 12 1:42pm
Zeno Clash is an indie title developed by ACE Team, which generated a lot of gamer...
So, this weird indie game called Zeno Clash hit Steam last year. Atlus apparently found it perfectly suitable, being a fan of crazy games themselves. Thus, Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition is born, with all the original crazy + more crazy.
Sadly, there's no extra story content, which is what I was personally gunning for; the original had a good basis, but the ending felt empty, lacking true resolution. More than anything, I would have liked to see more of Father-Mother and it's children, perhaps where it all goes after you beat the game.
Still, the addition of co-op to the Challenge Modes is pretty awesome, and they've expanded the attacks and weapons lists. Check out our preview with Atlus and ACE Team's Carlos Bordeu~
LINK: Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition (XBLA) Preview
Later today (Friday), we're doing another demo with Atlus. You know Trauma Team? Yeah, we're previewing that, so expect our feature on it over the weekend or Monday.
pokemon xbox 360 neoseeker related gaming related zeno clash preview atlus ace team trauma team
We heard word of it one month ago, and now it's a little closer to reality -- ACE Team's brawler Zeno Clash is set... posted Sep 22, 09 3:51pm
Developers of fighting-adventure-whatever the heck Zeno Clash, ACE Team, are new to the gaming scene, so the... posted Aug 17, 09 3:38pm
As assured since the game's release, ACE Team has now published the Software Development Kit (SDK) for their... posted Jul 29, 09 4:40pm
It's official. The first Zeno Clash left many questions unanswered, and ACE Team plans to remedy that with a... posted May 20, 09 6:44pm
Zeno Clash -- which Neoseeker's Lydia Sung took a look at last week -- has been scoring high grades from most game... posted Apr 29, 09 6:51pm
Despite whatever harsh words were said in our Zeno Clash review, this game deserves your notice. Looks like ACE... posted Apr 24, 09 5:15pm
It's not a bad game at all. I thought I would score it lower at first, given some frustrations I had, but looking over our new review guidelines and thinking a bit more on the game, I decided it didn't deserve anything lower than a 7 / 10. That's not what I gave it, technically, but you'll find out for yourself if you just click the link.
So back when I got the review code, the e-mail from ACE that Adrian forwarded to me said not to publish our review until April 21 (today), when the game is released. I pestered Adrian a bit about an actual TIME, since most companies also include an exact time on top of the date. He told me midnight... and I... was kind of "WTF" about that.
After publishing the review just now, I looked around the Internetz to see if the game had popped up on anywhere else. The other scores didn't bother me so much as their publish dates. Some were published as early as April 19, while others came out on April 20... I find myself saying, "WHAT THE *bleep*?!" yet again.
Seriously, did ACE intentionally delay our review or did they just spit out some arbitrary publish date and then simply not care when other websites published early?
I ALMOST want to drop the score even lower out of spite, but that would be quite unprofessional. Hmph...
zeno clash pc gaming review neoseeker pc musingsthoughts neoseeker related gaming related
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Dark Fantasy, Supernatural/Occult
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: ACE Team
- Publisher: ACE Team Software
Released North America Apr 21, 2009