BackgroundCornered Rat Software Studios' massively multiplayer online war simulation boasts the first combined virtual battlefield. Players will be able captain ships, command tanks and infantry, and pilot combat aircraft in one-off battles OR massive campaigns.
GameplayBlitzkrieg - The first retail release is set at the beginning of the Blitzkrieg, and all the major battle points are included: strongholds, fortresses, forests and rivers, just as it was in 1940. Can the RAF and British armies help the besieged French forces to re-write history? Could the Blitzkrieg have been stopped in France? With the dynamic flow of resources within WWII Online's strategic system, players will start the battles where they choose, and those choices will make a new history.
- Combined air and land operations in the first online virtual battlefield
- 1/2 scale map of Europe with accurate terrain modeling - the biggest online world ever!
- Thousands of online players in a 24/7 persistent world
- Character advancement and career paths for rich RPG layer
- First person perspective in all gameplay - the first massively multiplayer first person shooter!
- Strategic systems driven by player missions and command structure
- Historically accurate and detailed weapons including, aircraft, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, rifles, trucks, grenades and more!
- Groundbreaking physics and damage modeling
- Web-based player services package integrated with gameplay
Hardware RequirementsPentium II 400
16MB 3D Video Card
DirectSound Compatible Audio Card
8x CD ROM
56K Modem w/ Internet Access
Official URLOfficial Site
While this game has been around a very long time it has never met the hype. It is...
Recently CRS has dipped their fingers into the sewers of game ballance, and severely...
Montreal, Quebec. June 28th, 2002 - Strategy First, Playnet.com and Cornered Rat Software announced today that they... posted Jun 28, 02 8:04pm
DO not, REPEAT DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. IT costs 30.00 plus 10.00 bucks a month to...
Being an extreamly large WWII buff, I was able to get into this game in no time...
For the moment, what's saving wwiionline is the fact that it is one of the most...
You much learn to work together to win. Some folks are clearly better, more organized...
I'll state right now that I'm a WWII buff and have been for years, but this game has...
no words - get this game NOW -no questions-
it's a hard game-put lots of time and...
Bottom line: World War II online rocks!!!! It combines 3 of my favorite games into...
According to Blue's News, Strategy First announced yesterday that it is publishing the Mac version of WWII Online... posted Jun 15, 01 8:20pm
Blue's News reports today of Playnet.com and Strategy First's plans to "stop the clocks" on the free 30 day trial... posted Jun 08, 01 10:18pm
Playnet.com has updated their site yesterday with news that that their massively multiplayer online WWII simulation,... posted Jun 06, 01 8:55pm
Playnet.com has updated their news page yesterday with word that Strategy First and Cornered Rat Software's... posted May 23, 01 7:50pm