BackgroundWrestling Spirit, created by Adam Ryland, takes its lead from its predecessor, Total Extreme Wrestling, and allows you to take control of the career of a professional wrestler, guiding his career through the world title wins, the tough matches, and the rivalries.
Gameplay<li type="square">Realistic opponent AI. Wrestlers fight in a natural manner. Lightweights do come off the top rope at regular intervals. Technical workers will tie you up in knots on the mat, and try to squeeze you into submission. 500lb giants will simply batter you with strikes and slams.
<li type="square">Varied move sets for workers. Each worker can have a huge amount of moves, spread over different categories: strikes, grapples, corner, ground, air, rebound off the ropes, and rope moves (planchas and springboards). This gives wrestlers very unique offensive choices no matter where they are in the ring (or outside).
<li type="square">Realistic simulation of physical condition. Working body parts has a very real affect on the match. Working a wrestler's legs will not only soften him up for submissions, but will also make him unable to utilize any of his own moves that rely on leg strength.
<li type="square">Realistic simulation of time. As the match progresses, wrestlers get tired, and they start to make more mistakes. The speed of their weakening is based on their stamina levels, meaning highly conditioned professionals will have major advantages over fat out-of-shape brawlers as the match goes on.
<li type="square">Match statistics - At any point in the match you can view an amazing array of stats, from the percentage of time you've been on the attack, to how many of each type of move you've attempted, to the amount of counters you've done. You can also view a log of every move, counter, and action performed so far, so you can see where your weaknesses are.
<li type="square">External factors can play a big part in matches. Ref bumps? Chairs? Tables? Blood? Run ins? Pre-match attacks? All included.
<li type="square">Audio play-by-play and individual move pictures. Matches have both sound and graphics (both customizable), adding to the atmosphere of each match.
- Exhibition match feature - play against a friend or the computer with any worker in any style of match.
- Extremely quick loading times between days.
- Fully active game world - every promotion in the world continues doing business, regardless of whether you work for them or not. Wrestlers will move around, have matches, and win titles, making a constantly evolving game world for you to play in.
- Full in-game, easy-to-use editor, which can be used to edit just about everything in the game
- Full match history for every wrestler in the game.
- Full title history for every belt and wrestler in the game.
- Full results history for every promotion in the game.
- 7 different game areas: USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, UK, Australia and Europe.
Official URLOfficial Site
gs63vette and 1 others own Wrestling Spirit
This game is pretty cool. You have a choice of doing tow modes: Superstar or Rookie to...