BackgroundWorld of Warcraft is a MMORPG that transports you to the persistent state world of Azerorth. Set 4 years after the events of Warcraft III, you'll have to chance to choose one of many races to live your life as, including humans, orcs, and tauren. As heroes, you'll explore familiar battlefields, discover new lands and take on epic quests and challenges. Meet, adventure and trade with thousands of other players simultaneously.
GameplayThe whole experience of progressing your character is really where the game play lies within any MMORPG, and World of Warcraft is no exception. At the start, you are given the opportunity to create your very own online persona, with a wide array of options that allow you to tweak your character just right. After you have made this persona, you are lunged straight into the world of Azeroth, which immediately sets you out on all sorts of various tasks and quests; quests of which tend to be quite gratifying and rewarding upon completion. Through honing your powers upon defeating enemies in battle, and receiving new equipment after completing quests, the feeling of character progression is quite satisfying! But character progression is merely one aspect of game play, as the exploring of the world of Azeroth is also quite appealing, and interacting with fellow players of that world through chat, trade, and battle, just adds to the overall realism and satisfaction that is World of Warcraft.
- Adventure together with thousands of other players online simultaneously.
- Explore an expansive world with miles of forests, deserts, snow-blown mountains, and other exotic lands.
- Join the Horde or the Alliance as one of 8 playable races ranging from Humans and Dwarves to Orcs and Trolls.
- Select from 9 classes, including holy Paladins, shape-shifting Druids, powerful Warriors and Mages, demon-summoning Warlocks, and more.
- Explore 6 huge capital cities, which serve as major hubs for the races inhabiting them.
- Practice various trade skills to help locate reagents, make and enhance custom items, acquire wealth through trade with other players, and more.
- Purchase tickets for travel along a number of air routes flown by creatures such as Gryphons and Wyverns. For global transportation, travel by Boat or Goblin Zeppelin.
- Once a certain level has been achieved, players can choose to purchase permanent personal mounts, such as Dire Wolves and Horses.
- Locate and engage other players with easy-to-use features and tools, including chat channels, friends lists, and animated and audible character expressions
Hardware Requirements800MHz or higher CPU.
256Mb or more.
64Mb video card
3Gb of hard drive or more available.
DirectX 9.0 or above.
For Mac users:
MacOS X 10.3 (Panther) or better.
512Mb or higher of RAM
64Mb video card
3Gb of hard drive or more available
Official URLOfficial Site
World of Warcraft raid-finding Molten Core for 10th anniversary, Molten Corgi pet and Core Hound mount
World of Warcraft is nearing its 10th anniversary. Can you believe that? 10 years running and... posted Aug 07, 14 11:13am
It's been a long time coming, but World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor is finally on the... posted Jun 05, 14 1:55am
Blizzard art team decided to share something they're working on for World of Warcraft's... posted May 16, 14 11:15am
Hero of Azeroth, your chosen faction needs you once more! World of Warcraft: Warlords of... posted Mar 10, 14 11:56am
The World of Warcraft expands once more, as Blizzard Creative Director Chris Metzen took the... posted Nov 08, 13 12:41pm
BlizzCon cometh, and Blizzard doth prepare. Just weeks in advance of Blizzard's huge convention... posted Nov 04, 13 9:47am
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria 5.4 trailer for the 'Siege of Orgrimmar,' Garrosh Hellscream's horde
Ever since Mists of Pandaria launched, or probably even prior to that, World of Warcraft... posted Aug 15, 13 10:30am
Regardless of subscription rates, World of Warcraft will continue to plow on as one of the most... posted Aug 13, 13 4:40pm
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Blizzard
- Publisher: Blizzard
Released North America Nov 22, 2004 Europe Feb 11, 2005 Australia Nov 23, 2004
- Also known as:
- WoW in North America
- World of WarCraft: Mists of Pandaria
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- World of WarCraft: Wrath of The Lich King
- World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade
- World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor