BackgroundAn ancient evil lies dormant within Deepholm, the domain of earth in the Elemental Plane.
Hidden away in a secluded sanctuary, the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing has waited, recovering from the wounds of his last battle against Azeroth and biding his time until he can reforge the world in molten fire.
Soon, Deathwing the Destroyer will return to Azeroth, and his eruption from Deepholm will sunder the world, leaving a festering wound across the continents. As the Horde and Alliance race to the epicenter of the cataclysm, the kingdoms of Azeroth will witness seismic shifts in power, the kindling of a war of the elements, and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation.
- Two New Playable Races - Adventure as one of two new races--the cursed worgen with the Alliance or the resourceful goblins with the Horde.
- Level Cap Increased to 85 - Earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to improve characters.
- Classic Zones Remade - Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been altered forever and updated with new content, from the devastated Badlands to the broken Barrens, which has been sundered in two.
- New High-Level Zones - Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great Sunken City of Vashj'ir beneath the sea.
- More Raid Content than Ever Before - Enjoy more high-level raid content than previous expansions, with optional more challenging versions of all encounters.
- New Race and Class Combinations - Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.
- Guild Advancement - Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.
- New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds - Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.
- Archaeology - Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.
- Flying Mounts in Azeroth - Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms like never before.
Official URLWorld of Warcraft
- Garrosh alters fate in World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor's release date announcement cinematic Aug 15
- Add my battletag im a new female player to WoW Aug 14
- World of Warcraft raid-finding Molten Core for 10th anniversary, Molten Corgi pet and Core Hound mount Aug 11
- The level 90 paid character boost Aug 8
The World of Warcraft expands once more, as Blizzard Creative Director Chris Metzen took the... posted Nov 08, 13 12:41pm
BlizzCon cometh, and Blizzard doth prepare. Just weeks in advance of Blizzard's huge convention... posted Nov 04, 13 9:47am
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria 5.4 trailer for the 'Siege of Orgrimmar,' Garrosh Hellscream's horde
Ever since Mists of Pandaria launched, or probably even prior to that, World of Warcraft... posted Aug 15, 13 10:30am
Regardless of subscription rates, World of Warcraft will continue to plow on as one of the most... posted Aug 13, 13 4:40pm
BlizzCon 2013 ticket sales set for April 24 and 27, tickets expected to sell instantly so prepare accordingly
BlizzCon has announced the sale dates for tickets to its 2013 showing, so prepare to make room in your calendar... posted Apr 04, 13 12:07pm
Hey, everybody! Who else is excited for tonight's release of Guild Wa -- wait a second, what's this over here? A... posted Aug 24, 12 1:17pm
If you're running a 64-bit OS with the appropriate hardware to match and consider yourself a World of Warcraft... posted Jan 10, 12 7:19am
It's about time Deathwing got what was coming to him. World of Warcraft's "Hour of Twilight" update lets players... posted Nov 29, 11 9:10am
World of Warcraft has been steadily losing large amounts of subscribers over the past year, first 600,000 between... posted Nov 09, 11 6:06am
Blizzard's highly-successful World of Warcraft MMO continues on a steady decline, losing roughly 300,000... posted Aug 04, 11 1:17pm
By now, you may have heard about Norway's Oslo bombing and Utøya massacre that claimed the lives of over 70... posted Jul 29, 11 2:16pm
Competition for World of Warcraft is heating up these days, and the MMO market is only getting more crowded over... posted Jun 28, 11 4:06pm
Some would say World of Warcraft is an unstoppable force of nature. Wrong. The MMO juggernaut is seeing a... posted May 09, 11 5:06pm
With World of Warcraft's "Rise of the Zandalari" patch now available, Blizzard is wasting no time getting to work... posted Apr 28, 11 9:27am
Azeroth's oldest tribe is rebuilding in World of Warcraft's "Rise of the Zandalari" update and they're... posted Apr 27, 11 9:41am
Blizzard is heading back to the Anaheim Convention Center to host this year's BlizzCon event for the October 21... posted Apr 13, 11 12:39pm
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG (PC)
- Developer: Blizzard
- Publisher: Blizzard
Released North America Dec 7, 2010
- World of WarCraft: Mists of Pandaria
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- World of WarCraft: Wrath of The Lich King
- World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade
- World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor