BackgroundWings Over Vietnam recreates the intense air combat experience in the skies over North Vietnam at the height of the air campaign during the Vietnam War. Fly in historical missions including the Rolling Thunder campaign of 1965-1968 to the hard-hitting blows of the 1972 Linebacker II operations. Fight your way through North Vietnamese air defense during the Christmas B-52 bombing campaign, the air battle that brought North Vietnam to the edge of defeat.
- Fully scalable single and multiplayer gameplay from novice to experienced s im pilot.
- Perform naval or marine air combat missions from "Yankee Station", launchin g off either Kitty Hawk or Essex Class (Modernized) aircraft carriers. Take off from Air Force bases in Thailand to engage North Vietnamese MiGs during MIGCAP operations.
- Lead successful air-to-ground missions targeting power plants, bridges, air bases, and naval facilities. Take part in "Wild Weasel" missions against the ma ssive North Vietnamese SAM defenses!
- Go "downtown" as you perform missions into the heart of the North Vietnames e capital, Hanoi, and its fearsome air-defense network!
- Fly a full combat campaign of sequential missions as a U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, or U.S. Navy pilot. Win decorations, awards, and promotions with each successful mission.
- Accurate planes, weapons, flight models, and enemy AI.
- From the developers of the highly successful European Air War and Strike Fighters: Project 1.
- Fly in historical missions including Rolling Thunder, Linebacker II operati ons, and the Christmas B-52 bombing campaign.
Hardware RequirementsWindows ME/2000/XP
Pentium III/Athlon 600 MHz processor (Pentium III/Athlon 1 GHz recommended)
128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)
500 MB hard-drive space
DirectX 9-supported 3D graphics card with 32 MB video memory (64 MB video memory recommended)
Mouse and keyboard (support for joystick, throttle, and rudder controls)
56.6 kbps or better Internet connection for online play