BackgroundA la Gloire!! To Glory!! After spending the night in the rain, soldiers in Wellington's Anglo-Allied Army dried their guns and looked across the muddy fields. The French Army was preparing to attack. Everyone on both sides expected it to be a day of brutal combat-except for one man.
The Emperor of France, Napoleon Bonaparte, told his generals, "This affair will be no more serious than eating one's breakfast." He expected to defeat the Allies near Waterloo and enter Brussels in triumph by nightfall. Starting before noon, the battle raged fiercely for five hours. Then the Prussian Army arrived to aid Wellington. Five hours later, the French Army was broken and retreated in disorder. Napoleon had "met his Waterloo."
Nearly 190,000 soldiers fought in one of the most decisive battles in the history of Europe on June 18, 1815.
NOW YOU TAKE COMMAND!
- Over 30 "historical" and "speculative" scenarios depicting all phases of the battle.
- Design your own battles. Pick your own forces and battle objectives for unlimited play.
- Multiplayer allows up to 8 players over LAN, Internet or on Gamespy Arcade.
- Featuring the artwork of award winning artist Keith Rocco.
- Over 60 historical uniforms, from French light infantry to the Old Guard, from the King's German Legion to Polish Lancers and the Scots Greys.
- Dozens of historical landmarks, including the all-important Chateau Hougoumont, La Haye Sainte and Plancenoit Church.
- Exhaustively researched historical account of Napoleon's return to the throne in 1815 and his ultimate defeat at the battle of Waterloo.
Hardware RequirementsWindows 95/98/ME/2000
Pentium II 266
64 megs of Ram
16 bit graphics (800x600 screen resolution or greater)
4 MB video card, DirectX compatible
200 MB of disk space (additional space required for saved games)
56 KPS modem
IPX network or TCP/IP internet connection
Official URLOfficial Site