BackgroundWarlords IV is a unique blend of roleplaying and turn-based strategy gaming set in the troubled land of Etheria. The game centers around your Hero, who plays a pivotal role in the success or failure of your military and economic efforts. Old foes such as Dwarves, Elves, and Orcs have resumed their ancient hostilities, and the Undead legions of Lord Bane have returned. The Knights continue their quest for dominance, and the whispers speak of the Empire, a race even more evil than the Undead.
- STS: Speed Tactical System : Innovative new combat resolution system which greatly speeds up combat and allows unit control of traditional tactical combat systems without the micromanagement of movement of units and terrain effects.
- Terrain: All new lush 3D rendered height-mapped terrain. Dozens of terrain and animation effects.
- Persistent Heroes: Your hero improves after every battle, and the same hero can be used in campaign, skirmish or multiplayer. There are a huge number of development options for a hero.
- Enhanced Computer AI: The proprietary AI gives you unparalleled and incredibly cunning opponents.
- A New Campaign: Choose any hero and any side to battle over the whole of Etheria with our new open-ended, dynamic, non-linear Campaign. Fight duels, beat off invasions, capture territory and use your hard-won cash to purchase powerful magical artifacts.
- Unique Multiplayer Features: STS combat will allow faster gameplay for both allied play and free-for-all (up to 8 players) over the Internet.
- Ten Different Sides: Ten unique sides all feature their own tech: trees, buildings, units, and playing styles.
- Spells: Automated combat casting and high quality graphical effects.
- Almost 120 Different Units: That's a huge number of fantasy creatures and Heroes for a strategy game.
- CD Quality Orchestral Score: Almost half an hour of original Celtic/orchestral music provides a soundtrack to your epic accomplishments.
- Victory Conditions: The game offers a wide variety of victory conditions and scripted victory events in both single and multiplayer
Sykokiller and 1 others own Warlords IV: Heroes of Erethria