BackgroundSuffused with corrupting magical energy, torn apart by battle and doomed to an eternity of war, the Warhammer world teeters upon the brink of utter annihilation. It is a grim, unforgiving world where every creature must strive for survival. It is a world where magic and superstition blot out all hope of a better future, where peace and enlightenment are not even distant dreams. Wars are fought with faith and steel as bloodthirsty gods hunger for souls, while the lives of mortals are but brief flickers of light against an everlasting inferno of slaughter. It is a dark age, a bloody age, where the mighty rule and where the weak are destroyed. It is an age for conquerors, sorcerers, and heroes. These are the End Times.
Though humanity is the most populous race, mankind shares this world with a great many strange and dangerous creatures, and men are far from united against the perils they face. In the dark forests and gale-swept mountains, goblins dig their dank lairs, plotting their constant raids. Brutal Orcs - green-skinned brutes who thrive on war - sweep across nations in devastating invasions. Unseen by human eyes, beneath the surface, the Under-Empire of the Skaven gnaws through the earth; its rat-like inhabitants harbouring dreams of domination and decay.
Yet, humanity is not without its allies. In their mountain strongholds, the Dwarfs still cling on to their stubborn existence, though the empire they once built now lies shattered and overrun. In the midst of the Great Ocean, the High Elves live upon the mystical isle of Ulthuan, wreathed in enchantments, possessors of the most ancient magic and wisdom.
- MASTER THE ART OF WAR: Warhammer®: Mark of Chaos is about WAR, focusing on the armies and battles while de-emphasizing the tedious aspects of base and resource management.
- EPIC, VISCERAL BATTLES ON A MASSIVE SCALE: Epic sense of both scale and detail where big demons and huge beautifully rendered battalions clash with thousands of characters battling on screens in intricate detail.
- USE ENVIRONMENTS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE: A variety of buildable features and randomized, destructible terrains such as forests, swamps, plains, and tundra change the shape of the battlefield and add a layer of strategy that provides infinite replayability.
- COMMAND HEROES AND CHAMPIONS: As armies move from battle to battle in an epic war, Heroes and Champions learn new tactics, unlock new abilities, command larger units, even challenge other Champions in a duel to the death.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR ARMY: Warhammer®: Mark of Chaos takes customization to a new level by allowing for body part swaps, weapon and armor enhancements, and more powerful controls to paint units and customize banners. Additionally, players can accent armies with mercenary "Dogs of War", augmenting the look and play of their army for a unique game experience.
- VARIETY OF PLAY MODES: Dynamic cooperative campaign mode and a full assortment of multiplayer modes for both casual and competitive gamers.
Hardware RequirementsWindows 2000/XP
2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent AMD Athlon
512 MB system RAM
3GB free hard drive space
128 MB NVidia GeForce 4800, 128 MB ATI Radeon 9200
DirectX 9.0c-compatible 16-bit card sound card
1024x768 display resolution
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
3.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent AMD Athlon
1 GB system RAM
256 MB NVidia Geforce 6800GS
256 MB Radeon X800 or greater
1280x1024 display resolution
Sound Blaster Audigy, X-fi or equivalent
4.0 GHZ processor Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent AMD Athlon
2 Gigs system RAM
1Gig NVidia 7950 GX2
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Official URLOfficial Site
dball and 5 others own Warhammer: Mark of Chaos