BackgroundA terrible Chaos Plague defiles his lands, ravaging the populace and weakening his armies. Meanwhile, the Dwarf holds in the nearby World's Edge Mountains have come under siege by a massive greenskin horde. Honor-bound by an ancient oath, the ruler of the greatest nation of men in the Old World has dispatched several regiments to assist the embattled Dwarfs, further depleting the Empire's already thin defenses.
In this dark hour, a new threat appears. Under a sky darkened by a crimson eclipse, a great warhost erupts from the wastelands of the north. Bearing the banner of Tzeentch, Changer of the Ways, the army of Chaos marches south for the borders of the Empire, crushing everything in its path.
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat:
- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:
- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
- A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
- Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.
- Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.
Official URLOfficial Site
MMO studios are really scrambling to get players back, specifically those online games that require money to... posted Dec 16, 09 7:52pm
Mythic and EA are doing something interesting with Warhammer Online. Today, they announce their new endless free... posted Nov 06, 09 10:22pm
With all the violent games out there taking heat for allegedly influencing crazies to murder and do other weird... posted Oct 28, 09 7:50pm
Looks like Mac gamers won't have to stick with WoW for much longer, as an alternative presents itself -- Warhammer... posted Sep 29, 09 6:52pm
Mac gamers, if your collection's been getting lonely as of late, Electronic Arts has some good news which may... posted Jul 30, 09 4:19pm
[image1 width=200 height=200] Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning's "Call to Arms" live expansion has been... posted Jun 24, 09 4:02pm
Electronic Arts has announced the beginning of "Beyond the Sands," the next major event in the Call to Arms live... posted Apr 20, 09 5:58pm
Surprising how EA hasn't taken Warhammer Online to Taiwan yet, especially with all the potential new subscribers... posted Apr 01, 09 5:52pm
About a week ago, Mythic Entertainment and EA announced a 10-day free trial promotion, no doubt hoping to hook new... posted Mar 12, 09 4:41pm
World of Warcraft's free trial period is one hook which allowed the MMO to lure prospective players into its net. ... posted Mar 06, 09 6:33pm
As Electronic Arts reveals a new round of redundancies amounting to no less than 11 percent of its total workforce... posted Feb 05, 09 7:15pm
The new "Call to Arms" live expansion is set to hit the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR) universe this... posted Jan 29, 09 6:27pm
Mythic has spread strange messages to various Warhammer Online blogs, essentially hinting at an upcoming RvR event... posted Jan 27, 09 9:06pm
It became clear that not even Electronic Arts would be immune to implementing cost-cutting measures in a tougher... posted Jan 20, 09 7:33pm
EA's Mythic Entertainment announced today that their hit MMO Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning now boasts 750,000... posted Oct 10, 08 5:03pm
Funcom's Age of Conan managed to snare around 400,000 subscribers during the first week it went live, and for a... posted Sep 26, 08 4:29pm
Regardless of how important (and lucrative) Warhammer Online has proven for Mythic, the developer got its share of... posted Sep 25, 08 5:31pm
Electronic Arts and Mythic's WAR is finally off to what could be its big break, and Mythic's co-founder and lead... posted Sep 22, 08 5:39pm
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Mythic Entertainment
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Sep 18, 2008 Europe Q4 2008 Australia Q4 2008
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (1)