BackgroundSailing has never been for the fainthearted. However, with this latest version of Virtual Skipper, it doesn't matter if you are an inexperienced or skilful navigator, you are joyfully transported from the colourful horizons of Sydney, to the choppy English Channel around the Isle of Wight the worldwide waterways have never looked so good.
GameplayA course editor allows users to design their own waterways should the many featured within the game become too easy. These new courses can be shared with the community of virtual skippers in order to extend the challenge even further. Yachts can be fully customised, too; as any real skipper will know – it's not just winning that matters, it's looking good doing it.
Once your have mastered the single player experience, go online where you'll be able to challenge players from all over the world in public, private or team regattas. Experienced players may be umpires while others may simply watch and chat.
- Choose from six accurately-modelled water stretches, including; San Francisco Bay, USA; La Trinite sur Mer, France; Porto Cervo, Italy; Auckland, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia; and the Isle of Wight in the UK
- Easy-to-use navigation interface
- Superior graphics engine portrays yachting like never before
- Multi-player mode includes online regattas, easy transfer of customised water stretches, team races, the chance to chat inside the waiting room during the regatta, plus the option to have a real player as judge
- Single-player mode allows unlimited match (one-on-one) and fleet (up to eight opponents) races
- Realistic sailing conditions, including: stream movements according to the time of day and accurate sea behaviour
- Incredible representation of the sea, including; water transparency showing the sea bed, foam against the rocks and the display of puff and slack on the water surface
- An improved version of the International Racing Federation racing rules
- Opportunity to fly over each site prior to the race and discover the course
- Make an analysis of your performance using the replay video
Hardware RequirementsWin 98,2000, ME, XP
Pentium II 450 or equivalent
64MB RAM, 32MB 3D graphics card
Direct X9 compatible sound card