Release Dates NA Oct 18, 12
Viking: Battle for Asgard just launched on PC via Steam, quite randomly, in fact. If you know nothing about the... posted Oct 18, 12 7:42am
- Creative Assembly's Viking: Battle for Asgard coming to PC Oct 11
- how is this game Oct 12
- Wow! Jul 17
- What do you do Jul 17
BackgroundViking: Battle For Asgard takes players to the world of Norse Gods, where the Goddess Hel in all her fury, has raised an army of demonic warriors sent to enslave the mortal realm of Midgard and ultimately provoke Ragnarok - the apocalyptic battle that will destroy even the Gods themselves. Play as Skarin, a powerful yet flawed Viking warrior, filled with rage and ready to wage war on whoever stands in his way. Manipulated by the gods and fated to a destiny he has yet to understand, Skarin is the only one able to stop this ultimate clash of great wills.
GameplayAs Skarin, players will leave behind them a bloody trail of dismembered foes using a huge array of ruthless and brutal combat moves while mastering the addictive and destructive mystical powers and abilities given to him by the Viking Gods he looks to come between. Explore vast and visually stunning open-world environments where gamers strive to free enslaved warriors and lead them into huge, epic battles featuring colossal giants, powerful shaman, deadly assassins and the Gods' own champions. Tame mighty dragons and unleash their rain of fire, laying waste to the enemy hordes that stand in your way and use Skarin's emerging skills to strategically turn the tide of conflict.
- High-impact, brutal combat: Dismember enemies and experience high-impact melee combat unlike any game you've played.
- Mythical powers: Tame dragons and command them to rain fire upon your enemies. Power up your weapons with elemental abilities and lay waste to your adversaries.
- Three open-world environments: Explore, uncover and fight your way across huge Norse worlds full of combat and exploration.
- Climactic, epic battles: Lay the foundations for huge battles featuring hundreds of warriors at once. Subtly influence the battle through targeted assassination and sabotage, or wade in to save stricken allies.